Usernames

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Taxi_06
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Usernames

Post by Taxi_06 »

How did you come up with your username? I want to live in New York City, so I came up with Taxi and the year I joined, 06. Therefore creating Taxi_06.
"I love robbing the English, they're so polite."
-Kevin Kline- "A Fish Called Wanda"
ImageImageImageImage
Dakell
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dakell »

I am a huge fan of Dakota and Elle Fanning, so that is how I came up with it. :mrgreen:
Bannier by Dakota Fanarts http://www.dakota-fanarts.fr.tc/
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

I wanted something original and something that co-insided with recieving mail :lol:
CarrieUnderwood1Fan

Post by CarrieUnderwood1Fan »

I came up with mine becouse I am a carrie underwood fan!
<br>
Thanks Sarah for this amazing siggy!
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

My favorite band is the Beatles, and I wanted something that had to do with them. Paul is my favorite, but when I make Paul part of my username people usually think my name is Paul...soooo Ringo is my the only one where people won't think I'm a guy. (John and George also didn't work because people thought they were my name, again) On a site where I was registering Ringo was already taken, and so was Starr. My eyes tend to change colors a little bit. Not a ton, but enough so you can tell, so I just added eyes to starr. Another reason I like the Starr part is because my middle name is Kirsten, and (long tangent) it translates into another language (forget which one) and turns into the word for Star, so Starr is one of my favorite names sort of.
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

Im a guy and I am a big fan of ozzy osbourne so I picked ozzman. LOL
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Anyone who's seen the show Without a Trace will know Eric Close (he plays Agent Martin Fitzgerald).

Back in 1999 he starred in a show called "Now and Again" with Dennis Haysbert (better known as David Palmer in 24).

I was a really big fan of that show, and unfortunately it was cancelled after a cliffhanger season finale by CBS between the time the finale was filmed and the start of filming of season 2. So, unless something happens now ... I can only imagine what would have happened to Eric's character Michael Wiseman :wink:

If anyone wants to know about the show, take a look at its IMDB listing: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212395/

nowandagain [rockon]
chewytoffee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chewytoffee »

I support Everton Football Club and their nickname is 'The Toffees', so I just thought I'd put my username as chewytoffee :lol:

Paul :D

The Police Reunion Tour
16th October MEN Arena

UPDATED: 22/05/07
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

My user name (R.S.V.P) stands for a French phrase, "Répondez, s'il vous plaît," which means "please reply."

The person sending the invitation would like you to tell him or her whether you accept or decline the invitation. That is, will you be coming to the event or not?

Etiquette rules followed in most Western cultures require that if you receive a formal, written invitation, you should reply promptly, perhaps that same day. For hosts who are planning a dinner party, a wedding or a reception, this is important from a practical point of view, because they need to know how many people to count on and how much food and drink to buy. More important, though, is the simple courtesy of responding to someone who was nice enough to invite you, even if it is to say that you regret that you will not be able to attend.

You might wonder why we even use the initials of a French phrase in an invitation that is written in English. You could say that the French "invented" etiquette, although that would be a simplification because there have always been rules of courtesy to follow in civilization. In fact, an Italian diplomat, Conte Baldassare Castiglione, wrote the first book about proper behavior among nobility in the 16th century. Many of the practices of Western etiquette, however, came from the French court of King Louis XIV in the late 17th and early 18th centuries. At Versailles, his palace, Louis XIV had the rules for court behavior written on what the French referred to as "tickets," or "étiquette." The tickets either were signs posted at Versailles or were the invitations issued to court events with the rules of behavior printed on the back; experts give different versions of the origin. And French was the language of refinement and high society through the 19th century.

Best,
Stephan
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

http://www.facebook.com/ViaVenueAutographs
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

hmm...been using this one for a while. started off as just 'modders' cos i fancied myself as a bit of a mod (as in the movement, not a moderator...that confuses many people...) and i added mighty to it for I Am Mighty. there you go. a really exciting, interesting story :lol: