IRC - Not stamped?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
lizane

IRC - Not stamped?

Post by lizane »

I just want to ask 3 questions: 8)

Today I bought my fisrt IRC. It's not stamped, does it matter?

I want to send it to Josh Duhamel. Which of the 2 addresses in the database do you suggest? The Gersh Agency or Las Vegas address?

Is 1 IRC enough to receive an autograph from him if I live in South Africa? There was only 1 IRC left at the post office, all the other postal offices are sold out! :cry:

Thank you!! {up} :mrgreen:
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi Lizanne :D

To answer your questions:

1. It generally doesn't matter if it isn't stamped, although preferable if it is. If possible, take it back to the post office and ask the staff member to stamp it on the left hand side in the box where the ZA letters are. A stamp is not required for it to be exchanged in the US.

Taken from the United States Postal Service website: http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/immc3_007.html
b. Under Universal Postal Union's regulations member countries are not required to place a control stamp or postmark on the international reply coupons that they sell. Therefore some foreign issue reply coupons which are tendered for redemption may bear the name of the issuing country (generally in French) rather than the optional control stamp or postmark. Such coupons are exchangeable for U.S. postage as specified in 372.3b.
2. Looking at Josh's feedback on this forum (http://www.fanmail.biz/feedback/Josh_Duhamel.html), it looks like the successes from him have come from the Gersh Agency address. I think you will have a better chance of reply if you write c/o his agent.

3. 1 IRC covers postage of the minimum cost of a letter sent via air mail to anywhere in the world. Generally, you'll need 2 IRC's if a larger photo is sent (such as an 8x10 inch). If you're having trouble getting a second IRC, by all means send 1 IRC with your request. It's better than sending none, and celebrities have been known to "top up" the postage to the required amount.

Good luck!

nowandagain [rockon]
leela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leela »

We've had this discussion before. It's no matter if the IRCs are unstamped. As for the rest, I think nowandagain has said it all!
lizane

Post by lizane »

Thank you very much!! :mrgreen: It's my first time that I'm using an IRC, I've actually never heard of it before! :oops: I've always used aerograms. You really helped me nicely, thank you! I'll post it Monday and when I get something back, I'll definitly post it here! {up} :wink:
leela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leela »

Good luck Lizanne! I remember the first time I used an IRC - I was nervous too! I'm sure everything will be fine.
Jane
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jane »

I suggest using 2 IRC's.