Question, Those who have sent to Plays...

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
drpeppersthe1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question, Those who have sent to Plays...

Post by drpeppersthe1 »

Hello! That subject is kind of vague so let me go into a little more detail:

My family and I all sent to Jordin Sparks while she was on Broadway for In The Heights back in October, which was in plenty of time before the November date when she left the play, but as it looks right now she hasn't had a chance to get to our mail.If you look on this link there is a picture on the left side that seems like she receives a LOT of fanmail, especially while she was in New York! http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic ... m--2010511

I was wondering if anyone has received a Success (not just from Jordin) from anyone after they have either left a play, or the play has closed.

I would think that because Jordin loves her fans so much, she would take her fanmail with her back to Arizona where she has her other fanmail address and just finish it up back on her own time. Which I am totally okay with! The only reason I'm slightly freaking out is because I sent her the CD booklets from her albums and also my family & I sent her our concert tickets for her to sign. I'm not going to give up on this one, I'm just going to have to wait it out and hope that we get it back from her. :D That's the fun in this hobby right?
[I completley understand that she is extremley busy working on her new album, working on the show, and just living her own life! So please don't think that I just want to get a quickie autograph out of Jordin! I respect her and she is someone that I look up to in admiration, and I am more than willing to wait for her to respond to the abundance of mail that she receives!]
theman27
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question, Those who have sent to Plays...

Post by theman27 »

I got her but if the play closed. I doubt she'd get it back. I am literally listening to battlefield now but I think you lost out (sorry). I hope she replys
PM ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MY SUCCESSES!!!!!!!!
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

I must say, for the first time in my two year tenure in this hobby, if I do not get a reply I will be absolutely emotionally guttered. I spent quite possibly up to six hours writing my request, selecting a thank-you card for her and designing a poster to send her. She means,and has done, so much for me and I wanted to reflect that. Now, it is obvious you are a true fan,and I wish you the absolute best of luck! But I dare say dealers, knowing how nice she is, had a field day here (as with most broadway plays actually, due to playbills). Her latest album sadly bombed... Where were all these people requesting autos then haha? Lol sigh I sent mine in very early november, so I dare say I am not getting anything back.

To answer your question, I can not recall any fanmail being answered once they have left the play sadly. So our chances are probably slim to none. She is generally a pretty good fanmail signer so there is some hope.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

Actually, I've gotten quite a few replies after the play closed. Damian Lewis, Matthew Modine, Catherine Zeta Jones, and quite a few more (but those are the ones that come to mind). Don't lose hope.
drpeppersthe1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by drpeppersthe1 »

theman27 wrote:I hope she replys
Thank You ;-) I hope so too!
Jaffer wrote:Now, it is obvious you are a true fan,and I wish you the absolute best of luck! But I dare say dealers, knowing how nice she is, had a field day here (as with most broadway plays actually, due to playbills). Her latest album sadly bombed... Where were all these people requesting autos then haha? Lol sigh I sent mine in very early november, so I dare say I am not getting anything back.
To answer your question, I can not recall any fanmail being answered once they have left the play sadly. So our chances are probably slim to none. She is generally a pretty good fanmail signer so there is some hope.
Thank You ! Her album may not have been a HUGE success, but she did score very, very good reviews from critics all around. And it is one of my all time favorite albums hee hee ;-)
I hope both of us get replies back from her!
arrowsup wrote:Actually, I've gotten quite a few replies after the play closed. Damian Lewis, Matthew Modine, Catherine Zeta Jones, and quite a few more (but those are the ones that come to mind). Don't lose hope.
arrowsup, Thank You so much for this comment. {up} After seeing the other two earlier today I was almost in tears for thinking that it never happened after a play ended :cry: . You have restored the hope that I always had (but went away for a little while). I am positive that Jordin will get back to everyone when she gets a chance to go through the rest of her fanmail. :mrgreen:
tansternant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tansternant »

I've found that a lot of Americans / Canadians who I write to actually wait till they leave the play before responding to mail - Richard Thomas and more from the States , Alexis Denisof , Kelly McGillis and more from UK plays .

Don't give up yet - I actually had one from Australia about 7 months after the play had finished - he'd seen that I was going to write to one of the others from the play , but , as the play was finished , he waited until he'd met the guy again , got him to sign it , then posted it off ( how cool is that ? 8) ) .
Most recent successes :- Jake Gyllenhaal ( VV ) , Paddy Considine ( VV ) , Sam Elliott and Katherine Ross , Sir Roger Moore ( VV )
Recently sent to :-
loads of people , mainly VV
In person successes recently :-
Emma Thompson , Alison Steadman , Larry Lamb , Neil Gaiman , Steven Moffatt , Sir Derek Jacobi , Brenda Blethyn , Bill Wyman , Ray Davies , David Moyes , Denis Law , Willem Dafoe
Favourite TTM Successes :-

Dustin Hoffman , Dean Koontz
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

drpeppersthe1 wrote:
theman27 wrote:I hope she replys
Thank You ;-) I hope so too!
Jaffer wrote:Now, it is obvious you are a true fan,and I wish you the absolute best of luck! But I dare say dealers, knowing how nice she is, had a field day here (as with most broadway plays actually, due to playbills). Her latest album sadly bombed... Where were all these people requesting autos then haha? Lol sigh I sent mine in very early november, so I dare say I am not getting anything back.
Thank You ! Her album may not have been a HUGE success, but she did score very, very good reviews from critics all around. And it is one of my all time favorite albums hee hee ;-)
I hope both of us get replies back from her!
arrowsup wrote:Actually, I've gotten quite a few replies after the play closed. Damian Lewis, Matthew Modine, Catherine Zeta Jones, and quite a few more (but those are the ones that come to mind). Don't lose hope.
arrowsup, Thank You so much for this comment. {up} After seeing the other two earlier today I was almost in tears for thinking that it never happened after a play ended :cry: . You have restored the hope that I always had (but went away for a little while). I am positive that Jordin will get back to everyone when she gets a chance to go through the rest of her fanmail. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately,here in Australia, it was a dismal failure :( I was so upset. It did not help that Michael Jackson had died that week, and had several albums in the top 50! Although, ''Battlefield'' the single was HUGE here.

I must admit to feeling more positive after reading these replies too. A small part of me thinks she will sit down over the holliday period and sort through it :)
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
striker20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by striker20 »

When I heard back from Jude Law it happened a month after the play was closed. Don't give up hope yet.
ultimateager
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ultimateager »

I heard back from Justin Bartha from "Lend Me a Tenor" at least 1 month after the play was closed. He must have taken his mail home with him, there was no return address.

I would say hope is not lost yet for you.
Recent Success- Amanda Beard, Peyton Manning, Shane Battier

Best TTM Success- George W Bush, Muhammad Ali, Al Kaline

Favorite IP- Gordie Howe, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre, Joe Dumars

I am the Ultimate Maurice Ager Collector

I WILL OFFER $$$ FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS ME TO A VIA-VENUE SUCCESS
hockeyfan1994
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hockeyfan1994 »

Jaffer wrote:I must say, for the first time in my two year tenure in this hobby, if I do not get a reply I will be absolutely emotionally guttered. I spent quite possibly up to six hours writing my request, selecting a thank-you card for her and designing a poster to send her. She means,and has done, so much for me and I wanted to reflect that. Now, it is obvious you are a true fan,and I wish you the absolute best of luck! But I dare say dealers, knowing how nice she is, had a field day here (as with most broadway plays actually, due to playbills). Her latest album sadly bombed... Where were all these people requesting autos then haha? Lol sigh I sent mine in very early november, so I dare say I am not getting anything back.

It could be worse...You could have waited for her for 6-8 hours outside a venue only for her to ignore you and go on her bus!