Question (Sorry, couldn't think of a more interesting title)

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
acwilliams
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question (Sorry, couldn't think of a more interesting title)

Post by acwilliams »

If I was to send auto requests to both of Sarah Michelle Gellar's mail addresses:

c/o Markham & Froggatt Ltd
4 Windmill Street
London W1T 2HZ

c/o Brillstein-Grey Entertainment
9150 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 350
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Which would have a better chance of actually being read by her?

Oh, Is it better to put Sarah Michelle Gellar or agent of Sarah Michelle Gellar on the envelope.
Nissaea
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nissaea »

Hi acwilliams,

I'm not sure that anyone would truly know which address you have better chances of Sarah actually reading your letter. From what I get, majority of celebrities read their mail when they have the time to. Even if it is 3-4 months or so since they actually received it.

As far as addressing the envelope I can only tell you what I personally do.

I always use the celebrities name first. If the address happens to be an agency I'll always use it in c/o. But I make sure to address and even write my letter as if the celebrity will be personally receiving it.

If you were to do it any other way in my opinon I dont think it'd come off near as sincere as you might intend it to.

I've unfortuantely only gotten a PP from Sarah through SFM. :x

Good luck!

Check out my autograph site!
http://www.freewebs.com/nissaea/

Formely known as Insatia

Autograph Collector since 1998
Official Fanmail.biz member since 22 Apr 2005
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi acwilliams :D

The truth is, Sarah Michelle Gellar is not the best person to get a TTM success. She doesn't sign very well TTM at all, as practically all the successes I've seen from her TTM have been the photo sent by SFM.

Your best bet to receive an authentic SMG autograph would be an IP autograph, should you have the opportunity to meet her some time now, or in the future.

That's not to say you should'nt try to get a real auto from her TTM, I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to get an authentic auto. You may just get a PP from SFM from your efforts writing to her.

I'm not sure which address is better to write to her, but if you do want to write to her, address your letter as such:

Mrs Sarah Michelle Gellar
c/o Markham & Froggatt Ltd or c/o Brillstein-Grey Entertainment - then the address.

I'm assuming she would be based in the US, so you may want to try the Brillstein-Grey Entertainment address first.

nowandagain [rockon]