writing to wimbledon

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
hangman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

writing to wimbledon

Post by hangman »

Hey guys,

I've got a question...

Could i write to a tennis player at Wimbledon if I used the Wimbledon addy with the players name on top?

eg.

Rafael Nadal,
All England Lawn Tennis Club
Church Road
Wimbledon
SW19 5AE
UK

thanks ;-)
Isn't it time for a new siggy?? Visit HANGMAN'S GRAPHICS SHOP today!

{star} My site: http://www.freewebs.com/lanod/ {star} You can contact me with any questions here: hangman@fanmail.biz {star} Image ^siggy made by me
mstrfisto
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: writing to wimbledon

Post by mstrfisto »

I don't see why not, but isn't Wimbledon wrapping up soon? You may have missed your chance :( . Check and see when it ends and if you have enough time to write. Good luck :mrgreen:
Recent Successes: Ewan McGregor, James Earl Jones, Tony La Russa, Charisma Carpenter, Isaac Bruce, Jimmy Smits, Akinori Otsuka, Scott Hinds (Nien Numb in ROTS), Steve Largent.

Recent requests: Keira Knightley, Terry O'Quinn, Naveen Andrews, Keifer Sutherland, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robin Williams, Hugh Jackman, Breaking Benjamin, Robert Englund, Hayden Christensen
Football players: Brian Westbrook, Amobi Okoye, Roger Craig, Braylon Edwards, Vince Young, Brian Dawkins, L.J. Smith
cernan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cernan »

I see that you're in Ireland. If you send it, it should arrive in time. The Men's Final is on Sunday. I personally don't think that Nadal will make it past Youzhny in the next round. So, if you're writing to Nadal, it may not be a good idea.
cernan@fanmail.biz
Feel Free to PM or Email me with any questions or comments!
I will try to answer as soon as possible although that may not always be possible due to my busy schedule.
Carmelo15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Carmelo15 »

but Wimbledon had a lot of delay so I doubt it would actually end at Sunday :neutral:

Credit to yummyicecream26!
*Tasha*
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by *Tasha* »

Carmelo15 wrote:but Wimbledon had a lot of delay so I doubt it would actually end at Sunday :neutral:
At thee moment I think it is about 22 matches delay.Plus I think the weather is going to be raining again so that could mean even more delays.
*amanda*
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by *amanda* »

Has anyone had any success writing to players at Wimbledon? I was thinking about doing it this year but don't know if it is a waste of time or not?
Most recent success: Chris Hoy
Favourite success: Steven Gerrard
Quickest success: Jacques Villeneuve (5 days)
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by celebrityfan »

Wimbledon hasn't started yet...it starts this coming Monday.

You're thinking of the Stella Artois tournament at Queens which is finishing tomorrow...not Wimbledon and it goes on for 2 weeks so good luck with your letters, I'll be trying too! {thumb2}
:D Steph :D

Auto count: 185

Gerard Butler = The Next Bond

Visit my site! http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfanautos

Credit to: hangman
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Ive tried numerous times for the last several years with no success.

Its down to whether the individual player wants to receive the mail. They keep the mail the the duration of the tournament, but if the player doesnt collect it, it gets binned when the tournament finishes.

And as you would expect, most of the players dont collect the mail as its a distraction, especially for the top players.

Ive tried players at every level of the game via Wimbledon, and have had no success. Ive only ever even SEEN one success, and that was Martina Hingis about 3 years ago, who has since retired.

Your best bet for getting autographs from Wimbledon, is to go there.

And celebrityfan, look at the date of the comment you responded to ;-)
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by celebrityfan »

Andy316 wrote:And celebrityfan, look at the date of the comment you responded to ;-)
Oopsie. :oops: Oh well, my bad! :D
:D Steph :D

Auto count: 185

Gerard Butler = The Next Bond

Visit my site! http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfanautos

Credit to: hangman
*amanda*
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by *amanda* »

Oh well don't think I'll bother then. I went to the Queen's tournament last week for the first time but didn't get any autographs, i don't know how to get them or where to go to meet the players. :cry:
Most recent success: Chris Hoy
Favourite success: Steven Gerrard
Quickest success: Jacques Villeneuve (5 days)