Getting photos

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Kirstie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Getting photos

Post by Kirstie »

So you can print them or buy them from the Net, right?

This may be a stupid question...but like SFM, is there a site that sends free photos without a PP signature? I was just curious. I mean if they advertised their company or something on the photo it could be possible. Don't mock me!
~*Kirstie*~

Please tell me if any of my signatures are not authentic! I want to know!!

DanTheMan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DanTheMan »

download the pictures from the net..there's a few sites that offer high quality pics you just have to find them. or send a picture from a magazine.
Always remember to be polite and honest with your autograph requests
[ca]
orangelazarus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by orangelazarus »

You can actually remove the "signature" off of studio fanmail photos very easily. Just rub it a little with non-acetone nail polish, and there you go, free picture! I've used that method a few times.
Kirstie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Kirstie »

Really?? And it doesn't damage the picture at all?
~*Kirstie*~

Please tell me if any of my signatures are not authentic! I want to know!!

orangelazarus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by orangelazarus »

No it doesn't damage it one bit! I've only done it on the regular ones that say "tamkin color" on the back corner. I haven't tried the ones that feel like actual photos and don't have "tamkin color" on the back, but I only have one of those anyway.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

orangelazarus wrote:No it doesn't damage it one bit! I've only done it on the regular ones that say "tamkin color" on the back corner. I haven't tried the ones that feel like actual photos and don't have "tamkin color" on the back, but I only have one of those anyway.
Hi orangelazarus {up}

This will only actually work if the autograph is signed onto the photograph, or printed / stamped onto the photograph, as the acetone only disolves the ink.

With an actual pre-print, the signature is "photographed" onto the picture (so it is actually part of the picture). It can therefore not be removed by disolving it. Being as though all SFM pictures are photographic pre-prints, you cannot remove the auto with acetone!

If photos worked like that I think we would start disolving unwanted relatives from our wedding pics!!!! :lol:

Ian {up}
orangelazarus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by orangelazarus »

All of my studio fan mail pictures have the autograph printed ON TOP of the photo, in fact I can scratch them right off. I only have 10 or so, but the ones I have are all printed on top of the photo.
TheCollector

SFM

Post by TheCollector »

orangelazarus wrote:All of my studio fan mail pictures have the autograph printed ON TOP of the photo, in fact I can scratch them right off. I only have 10 or so, but the ones I have are all printed on top of the photo.
Hi orangelazarus {up}

Well, if that is the case with you I stand corrected!

All the ones I have seen have been photographic pre-prints, I don't know, but maybe that is because SFM sent to European destinations comes from Germany instead of the US?

I don't know, but I am surprised. If what you are saying is correct then the SFM autos you have got must be autopens and not pre-prints.

The term pre-print means just that. The autograph was put on before (pre) printing.

I would be curious to know if any other members have got similar "after printing" pre-prints?

Please let us know.

Ian

Post by Guest »

I have got many of the autopenned autographs which are "scratch-offable". I just haven't tried it though!
bec guest

Post by bec guest »

all the ones Ive received are printed on top of the photo too, like autopens, not preprints