Upcoming Premieres: July - August '10!

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Upcoming Premieres: July - August '10!

Post by celebrityfan »

I will be updating this thread with new premiere dates as soon as I know them, then hopefully you can meet some of your favourite celebs!
If anyone has any info about premieres that I haven't listed, pm me and I'll add it onto this list. I will also delete the premieres after they have taken place so we don't get swamped with loads of old dates! Thanks! :D

USA

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Salt"
(Starring: Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber , et al.)

Monday, July 19, 2010 - time TBA
(arrivals are likely to start between 5 PM and 6:30 PM)
at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre
6925 Hollywood Blvd, in Hollywood

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
" Charlie St. Cloud"
(Starring: Zac Efron, Kim Basinger, Amanda Crew, Ray Liotta, et al.)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 6:30 p.m.
at The Village Theatre
961 Broxton Ave, in Westwood Village

" Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore"
(Starring: Christina Applegate, Bette Midler, Nick Nolte
Michael Clarke Duncan, Neil Patrick Harris, et al.)

Sunday, July 25, 2010 - time TBA
(may be a daytime event)

" Scott Pilgrim vs. The World"
(Starring: Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead,
Brandon Routh, Kieran Culkin, et al)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - time TBA

" Middle Men"

(Starring: Luke Wilson, James Caan , et al.)

Monday, August 2, 2010 - time TBA

" Step Up 3-D"

(Starring: Sharni Vinson, Alyson Stoner, Harry Shum Jr, et al.)

Monday, August 2, 2010 - time TBA
at the El Capitan Theatre
6838 Hollywood Blvd, in Hollywood

" Expendables"

(Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Jet Li, Jason Statham,
Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Steve Austinet al.)

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 - time TBA

" Lottery Ticket "

(Starring: Bow Wow, Ice Cube,
Brandon T. Jackson, Naturi Naughton, et al)

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - time TBA

" Going the Distance "

(Starring: Drew Barrymore, Justin Long,
Christina Applegate, Charlie Day, et al.)

Monday, August 23, 2010 - time TBA

[uk] These are the UK premiere dates - will be updated whenever I get new info! [uk]
*Events likely to begin between 5:00 - 6:30pm*

UNITED KINGDOM

" Karate Kid"
(Starring: Jackie Chan, Jaden Smith, Tess Lui, Taraji P. Henson et al.)

Date of premiere: 15th July 2010
Location of premiere: Odeon Leicester Square, London
Time to arrive: Morning

‘’Toy Story 3”
(Starring: Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, Joan Cusack, Ned Beatty, Michael Keaton et al.)
Date of premiere: 18th July 2010
Location of premiere: Empire Leicester Square, London
Time to arrive: Film starts at 1.30pm with stars arriving at 12.30pm

" Knight and Day "
(Starring: Cameron Diaz, Tom Cruise, Peter Sarsgaard, Paul Dano, Maggie Grace, Marc Blucas et al.)

Date of premiere: 25th July 2010
Location of premiere: Odeon Leicester Square, London
Time to arrive: Early morning

Updated: July 13th, 2010

Edited by isia_144
Last edited by celebrityfan on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 120 times in total.
:D Steph :D

Auto count: 185

Gerard Butler = The Next Bond

Visit my site! http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfanautos

Credit to: hangman
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by celebrityfan »

Hey guys, just a post on some FAQs.

When should I aim to get to a premiere?
From my experience, I would try to get to most premieres around 1pm. Sometimes there is a huge premiere like the POTC one where you have to make exceptions - but with the 'Music and Lyrics' one I'd aim to get there around 1 and get a good view!

Is ????????? a good signer?
You never know which celebs will be good signers until the day. Sometimes a celeb will sign for hours at one premiere but only for a few minutes at another. I think Hugh is quite a good signer, but not sure about Drew - I've never met them so I can't say.

Do any premiers ever happen in Canada? Toronto for example? originally asked by "afem1010"
Unless you attend the Toronto International Film Festival were there are several premieres, unfortunately the rest of the year there are no premieres held in Toronto or anywhere in Canada from what I know! -Larisie

Do any premieres happen in New York City? originally asked by Logan-Autograph-Guy
They do have premieres in New York, as I've seen many pictures and read articles about premieres occurring there. I think in the past Steffi (celebrityfan) has said that she's tried to find info for premieres there, but that they are VERY difficult to find! I have looked myself and they are extremely difficult to come by. Most of the premieres are held at the Zeigfield Theatre, however. -Larisie

How do you know which celebrities will attend the premiere?
You never know who will turn up to a premiere - only the press know as they are given a guest list before hand so they know who they can interview and take pictures of. But the public aren't told so it's kind of hit and miss...I went to the 'Casanova' premiere in the UK and hoped that Heath Ledger would come, but he didn't - the press told us when we got there! -celebrityfan

To people who attend premieres. How many people go? originally asked by Adis
I would assume in the UK and USA that at least a few hundred people (maybe less) show up to movie premieres to catch a glimpse of their favourite celebrities. I know here in Toronto at the film festival at least a hundred people show up for the galas. The street was completely full of people trying to catch a glimpse of, for example, Brad Pitt when he was here last...I know that much!!!
I think it also depends on how big of a premiere it is and how many people know about it and the stars attending! - Larisie

Can any fan go to a premiere?
Yes, any fan is allowed to show up and wait outside to get a celebrities autographs and such (given the venue allows them to sign for fans), but the actual premiere screening of the film is normally a private event so not just anybody can go and watch it. Usually, you must win tickets to be able to see the movie. -Larisie

Do i need tickets if i just want to be waiting at the side of the red carpet to get the celebs autographs ? Where do i wait when i get to the premier? originally posted by ROB123
No, you do not need a ticket to wait behind the barriers at the premiere. A ticket to see the film is separate, and some premieres are private events- so if you did want to see the film as well, you'd probably have to try ahead of time.
When at the premiere, I don't believe there's really a particular spot you should or shouldn't stand. Anywhere, preferably away from the paparazzi/media is probably best. -Larisie

My advice is that you should get there as early as you can. I went to a premiere with only one big star, and it was an indy film, but things still got pretty chaotic by the time people starting arriving on the red carpet. You want to be in front of the barricades they have to have the best chance of getting an autograph. Just to give you an idea, I was there 5 hours before show time. Talking to staff and security is useful, especially if you let them you're not a collector or parparazzi. Once things get going, do your best to get the celeb's attention, because everyone else around you will be yelling and pushing. Good luck! -ne0ven0m
Last edited by celebrityfan on Wed May 30, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Genciane
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: NEW PREMIERE DATES EVERYONE!

Post by Genciane »

Hi :)
Does anybody know if there will be premieres in Paris ?
Or does anybody know what I could do to know ?
Thanks a lot ^^
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: NEW PREMIERE DATES EVERYONE!

Post by celebrityfan »

Genciane wrote:Hi :)
Does anybody know if there will be premieres in Paris ?
Or does anybody know what I could do to know ?
Thanks a lot ^^
The European premieres are tend to be held in London...very rarely are they held anywhere else I'm afraid...

roselle
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Upcoming Premieres: July-September '08!

Post by roselle »

This is proabably dumb question, but I've always wondered: How do people get to see the actual movie?
I always thought people were there just screaming and looking for autographs, but do people actually get to see the films? :)
I'm very happy if someone could answer me :>
"i'm not a tricky little gun
giving solace to the one
that'll never see the sunshine
"

most wanted: robert pattinson, isla fisher, kiefer sutherland
Mrs-OrlandoBloom

Re: Upcoming Premieres: July-September '08!

Post by Mrs-OrlandoBloom »

roselle wrote:This is proabably dumb question, but I've always wondered: How do people get to see the actual movie?
I always thought people were there just screaming and looking for autographs, but do people actually get to see the films? :)
I'm very happy if someone could answer me :>
Do you mean @ the premieres? On the actual premiere date, which is usually about a week before the movie is released in cinema,, only the movie stars or invited can see it, or sometimes they have compititions for tickets. But it's usually only just the actors, directors, ect. and some other celebs get to go too. Hope to help {thumb2}

Most Wanted: Brandon Flowers, Helena Bonham-Carter
Favorite Autographs: Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Tom Chambers
Latest Success: Johnny Depp

http://www.twitter.com/xo_therealjem
http://www.facebook.com/xojem
llrox2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Upcoming Premieres: February - March '09!

Post by llrox2 »

Can someone tell me if "Little Ashes" will premiere in NYC?
I saw some articles about it but I'm not sure.
It will be greatly appreciated! :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image
othfan26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by othfan26 »

anyone know anything about the jonas brothers 3d movie primiere in NYC? info is so hard to find about nyc. thanks
set made by seb88
Successes: Legally Blonde The Musical, Wicked, The Little Mermaid,Chelsea Staub,Savannah Outen, Daniel Radcliffe VV, Phill Lewis, Bailey Hanks VV, Hairspray, Debby Ryanx2, Michaela McMansus, All My Sons, Anna Maria Perez de Tagle, Jake Thomas, Crystal Hunt, Jemma Brown, Drew Seeley, Lauren Zakrin, Rhiannon Hansen,Carlson Young, Paige Davis, Hugh Laurie SFM, Savvy and Mandy, Ashley Rickards, Sara Ramirez, Amanda Seyfried, Piper Perabo, Kara Crane, Mason Vale Cotton, Jason Earles, Nicole Anderson, Kim Kardashian PP, Mamma Mia, Connor Paolo, Kellie Pickler, Jackson Brundage, Sterling Knight PP
Recently Sent Out: Hilary Duff and Selena Gomez VV
RTS: Lisa Goldstein, Demi Lovato VV, David Archuleta VV, Brittany Snow VV, Selena Gomez VV
netkin98
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

premieres in ohio

Post by netkin98 »

I guess this is where this question goes...I know Will Smith had a premiere in Cleveland not long ago. Are there anymore movie premieres scheduled for Ohio?
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Re: NYC Premieres
Sorry, I can't be of assistance. I have tried searching many times for information or sites with NYC premiere listings and have had no luck. I only find out about them afterwards.

Re: Ohio Premieres
This is news to me. They even hold premieres in Ohio? I don't really think it would be listed as premieres are for L.A. and the UK, as I would imagine they don't happen often. I would just make sure you check your local newspaper and stuff like that. That would probably be your best bet in finding anything out.

Larisie
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!