Bruce Willis Success

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
theartist29
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Bruce Willis Success

Post by theartist29 »

Here are my 2 cents on this:
There's a lot of people in here that love to cry "secretarial" without really knowing for sure if it indeed it is. They base this on I.P. signatures they take as gospel. Here's how I look at it:
We will never have an actual real (as in really the one signature they use) signature because those are probably reserved for private documents, otherwise if someone would (say) discover their bank & knowing their real signature could forge it on checks or other serious documents. So of course they won't be signing autographs with those & will come up with a diferent one for autographs.
Now having said that, let's look at I.P. signatures. Yes, technically they are real...but only because you see them sign it because truthfully you don't even know if that's even their autograph signature, you just assume it is because you see them doing it in front of you. But if they have a history of bad experiences with their autographs being sold or having annoying autograph sellers always stalking them in public it's safe to assume that some if not most celebrities will comply because their in public but may actually screw them in the process by just dribbling something.
They know the fans will be happy because they saw them writing it but so will the sellers who will be convinced they have the celebrity's autograph when in fact they don't (thus the celebrity gets the last laugh).
My point is I don't think you can always go by the I.P. for proof which is mostly either rushed or just a drible to satisfy someone. In my opinion I think the celebrity would be more inclined to give their autograph signature to someone sitting down, relaxed & in response to a well thought of letter that proves that this means a lot to the fan than to someone outside who might as well be a hated seller disguised as fan.
Now let me tell you just a short story to make my point even more. Since I started my autograph collecting I have heard here how Sarah Jéssica Parker's signature was secretarial. I have it but I always believed those reports. Then again I always kind of shook my head when someone offered as proof her I.P. signature that they labeled as "real" which was nothing more than a cross. Does that make sense to you ? That someone's signature is a cross ? or that she would do that to avoid that said person would make Money out of her signature but knowing if it was a real fan they would still be happy cause they saw her write it ?
Now the real kicker, a year after this a reputed celebrity journalist from my country who does vídeo interviews with actors when their movies come out for the news released a book+dvd with his best interviews & among them was Sarah Jessica Parker. Aside from a photo of the both of them, the repórter included a photo of the autograph Sarah gave him in person (knowing that being a repórter he wouldn't sell it) & wouldn't you know it, it matches the supposed "secretarial" signature that I & so many in here got ttm.
Now does this means my SJP autograph or even your (or mine) Bruce Willis autograph are real ? No but it does mean that you should never rule out that they are real as well 'cause you never know either way.
Don't throw it in the trash.
Last edited by theartist29 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

theartist29 wrote:Here are my 2 cents on this:
There's a lot of people in here that love to cry "secretarial" without really knowing for sure if it indeed it is. They base this on I.P. signatures they take as gospel. Here's how I look at it:
We will never have an actual real (as in really the one signature they use) signature because those are probably reserved for private documents, otherwise if someone would (say) discover their bank & knowing their real signature could forge it on checks or other serious documents. So of course they won't be signing autographs with those & will come up with a diferent one for autographs.
Now having said that, let's look at I.P. signatures. Yes, technically they are real...but only because you see them sign it because truthfully you don't even know if that's even their autograph signature, you just assume it is because you see them doing it in front of you. But if they have a history of bad experiences with their autographs being sold or having annoying autograph sellers always stalking them in public it's safe to assume that some if not most celebrities will comply because their in public but may actually screw them in the process by just dribbling something.
They know the fans will be happy because they saw them writing it but so will the sellers who will be convinced they have the celebrity's autograph when in fact they don't (thus the celebrity gets the last laugh).
My point is I don't think you can always go by the I.P. for proof which is mostly either rushed or just a drible to satisfy someone. In my opinion I think the celebrity would be more inclined to give their autograph signature to someone sitting down, relaxed & in response to a well though of letter that proves that this means a lot to the fan than to someone outside who might as well be a hated seller disguised as fan.
Now let me tell you just a short story to make my point even more. Since I started my autograph collecting I have heard here how Sarah Jéssica Parker's signature was secretarial. I have it but I always believed those reports. Then again I always kind of shook my head when someone offered as proof her I.P. signature that they labeled as "real" which was nothing more than a cross. Does that make sense to you ? That someone's signature is a cross ? or that she would do that to avoid that said person would make Money out of her signature but knowing if it was a real fan it would still be happy cause they saw her write it ?
Now the real kicker, a year after this a reputed celebrity journalist from my country who does vídeo interviews with actors when their movies come out for the news released a book+dvd with his best interviews & among them was Sarah Jessica Parker. Aside from a photo of the both of them, the repórter included a photo of the autograph Sarah gave him in person (knowing that being a repórter he wouldn't sell it) & wouldn't you know it, it matches the supposed "secretarial" signature that I & so many in here got ttm.
Now does this means my autograph or even your Bruce Willis autograph are real ? No but it does mean that you should never rule out that they are real as well 'cause you never know either way.
Good post I agree. I have long thought the Sarah J P. Ones were real and I don't even own one. Doris Day is another perhaps yes. Only thing changed in 40 years is the D which matches her 1940's checks.
theartist29
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by theartist29 »

countpaul wrote:
theartist29 wrote:Here are my 2 cents on this:
My point is I don't think you can always go by the I.P. for proof which is mostly either rushed or just a drible to satisfy someone. In my opinion I think the celebrity would be more inclined to give their autograph signature to someone sitting down, relaxed & in response to a well though of letter that proves that this means a lot to the fan than to someone outside who might as well be a hated seller disguised as fan.
Now let me tell you just a short story to make my point even more. Since I started my autograph collecting I have heard here how Sarah Jéssica Parker's signature was secretarial. I have it but I always believed those reports. Then again I always kind of shook my head when someone offered as proof her I.P. signature that they labeled as "real" which was nothing more than a cross. Does that make sense to you ? That someone's signature is a cross ? or that she would do that to avoid that said person would make Money out of her signature but knowing if it was a real fan it would still be happy cause they saw her write it ?
Now does this means my autograph or even your Bruce Willis autograph are real ? No but it does mean that you should never rule out that they are real as well 'cause you never know either way.
Good post I agree. I have long thought the Sarah J P. Ones were real and I don't even own one. Doris Day is another perhaps yes. Only thing changed in 40 years is the D which matches her 1940's checks.
Exactly. You just never really know. I have never thrown out an autograph even the ones thought out to be "secretarial".
cdlawlor
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by cdlawlor »

I completely agree. I wasn't crying secretarial to be mean. Trust me I hope they are real as I got one as well. I was basing it off of multiple sites that I follow. The only way you really know is if you are standing there watching them sign it for yourself. I would never throw any of them away. I just put those I'm not certain of in a different binder. However, those I think are legit can also be fake. It's difficult to determine who really goes through fanmail and signs. Again, I wasn't being mean I'm the last one to say they are not real. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I was trying to be helpful from what I've read when I did my research when mine came in the mail.
All of my autographs can also be found on my website: http://celebrityautographsuccess.com/
MutantMike
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MutantMike »

cdlawlor wrote:I completely agree. I wasn't crying secretarial to be mean. Trust me I hope they are real as I got one as well. I was basing it off of multiple sites that I follow. The only way you really know is if you are standing there watching them sign it for yourself. I would never throw any of them away. I just put those I'm not certain of in a different binder. However, those I think are legit can also be fake. It's difficult to determine who really goes through fanmail and signs. Again, I wasn't being mean I'm the last one to say they are not real. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I was trying to be helpful from what I've read when I did my research when mine came in the mail.

True and I did not think it was mean

I just kind of thought since I sent the request to s theatre bit many knew he was at that more that likely it would get signed by Bruce but I am new to this whole TTM thing so maybe I'm naive
cdlawlor

Post by cdlawlor »

MutantMike wrote:
cdlawlor wrote:I completely agree. I wasn't crying secretarial to be mean. Trust me I hope they are real as I got one as well. I was basing it off of multiple sites that I follow. The only way you really know is if you are standing there watching them sign it for yourself. I would never throw any of them away. I just put those I'm not certain of in a different binder. However, those I think are legit can also be fake. It's difficult to determine who really goes through fanmail and signs. Again, I wasn't being mean I'm the last one to say they are not real. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I was trying to be helpful from what I've read when I did my research when mine came in the mail.

True and I did not think it was mean

I just kind of thought since I sent the request to s theatre bit many knew he was at that more that likely it would get signed by Bruce but I am new to this whole TTM thing so maybe I'm naive

Me too! I've been collecting for just over a year and I'm learning everyday. I appreciate the constructive feedback on this site. :D {up} My fingers are crossed that they are real...
All of my autographs can also be found on my website: http://celebrityautographsuccess.com/
theartist29
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by theartist29 »

My post wasn't directed at you specifically but to MutantMike in order for him not to throw away the autograph, when speaking about crying "secretarial" I was talking in general, there's an army of people in here who run to write "secretarial" on any new post especially when it's a success related to a big star & most of the times it's done in a bullyish way that pressures the original poster to act torwards his own success in the way they expect or they'll be labeled in a ofensive way.
Here's an example. Imagine you are waiting for the postman to deliver something you ordered online but you also know you should be getting any day a government or bank letter pertaining - say a debt - that you are avoiding like the plague & know they'll want your signature to prove you got it (which you don't want to give them). Unfortunately you are also waiting formthat order for which you need to sign as well. When the postman rings you won't have any way of knowing which one out of the two you'll be signing for, so you're only way out is to invent (or forge) a signature in order to receive the packages but still be in a position of deniability when you want to state that you never got the much maligned letter ("no, that's not my signature"). So technically it was you but that's not your signature.
The truth is one can have an I.P. autograph that it's just as fake as the TTM they claim to be secretarial.
There's also the example of Michael Caine which so many in here claim to be a secretarial signature, yet on one of his books Michael Caine clearly says that while he doesn't have the time to reply to everybody but he makes it a point to signing every photo that gets sent to him out of respect for his fan base & then adds "I don't have a secretary that forges my signature."
So whom does one believe? These "experts" or Caine ?
Get where I'm going with all of this ? I wonder how many good people in here threw away autographs that might have been real due to the actions of these so called experts. That's not to say there aren't fake autographs going around in here but it's just the arrogance & irresponsability that sometimes goes on in here that bugs me.
But hey I'm glad you're not like that. My advice is never rule anything out either way but don't forget the main thing that is...this is supposed to be fun. ;-)
saints442
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by saints442 »

Hi,

Do you think this one is real ?
I also used the Broadhurst Theatre address (235 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036)
and sent a long letter and 2 photos. he only signed one.

it looks authentic from ones i have seen online. Any thoughts ?
Address no longer valid as show has ended.

http://surfmypictures.com/image/810966a ... kl0f1.html

regards

Glen
UK
MutantMike
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MutantMike »

saints442 wrote:Hi,

Do you think this one is real ?
I also used the Broadhurst Theatre address (235 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036)
and sent a long letter and 2 photos. he only signed one.

it looks authentic from ones i have seen online. Any thoughts ?
Address no longer valid as show has ended.

http://surfmypictures.com/image/810966a ... kl0f1.html

regards

Glen
UK

From what I have seen I think Mr. Willis has a few different types of signatures. I have seen 4 legit ones and they all look different to me.
joegeek
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joegeek »

I met Bruce Willis in 2007 at a celebrity event and he signed my hat. It kind of looks like this one but would only be about 90% I think

What is secretarial?