Comic Book Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
skaboss241
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Comic Book Collectors

Post by skaboss241 »

spideyfan71 wrote:Great success from Herb Trimpe. Sketched a Hulk and signed my Artist Card in under a week.

Will post pic tonight.

Mike
I sent mine out a month ago but I have my doubts about the address I used.
Most Wanted: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Harrison Ford
Favorite Successes: Carrie Fisher, Chris Wahl, Katy Perry and pretty much anything Star Wars.

Image Image
spideyfan71
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spideyfan71 »

spideyfan71 wrote:Sent 5 requests on tuesday, hope they come back quick.

I'm starting a Batman and Spiderman project. I would like to send Artist cards to any artist who has drawn either character. Can anyone tell me where I can find a list that shows who has drawn on their titles? I've searched google and nothing shows up.

Also, can someone PM me Dick Ayers addy, please. I can't find it either.

Appreciate the help guys.

Mike
Can anyone help me out with this? Still looking and can't find either.

Mike
spideyfan71
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spideyfan71 »

Here's the Herb Trimpe

Mike
revenantmedia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by revenantmedia »

I got a return from Joe Quesada today. I sent him two Valiant Universe trading cards.
Her returned the 2 cards signed, a letter of "thank you for being a fan" on Marvel letterhead and a Wolverine 36 variant cover that he did a few years ago.
It was a great shock when I checked mail today :)
http://www.revenantmedia.com
http://www.twitter.com/revenant_media
http://www.facebook.com/revenantmedia
2012; Norman Reedus, Sarah Wayne Callies, Emily Kinney, Gale Anne Hurd, IronE Singleton, Erik Larsen (w/sketch)
2011;Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, Charlaine Harris, Jimmy Carter, J H Williams III (w/sketch), Daryl Banks (w/sketch), Phyllis Diller, Laura Bush, George Bush, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies, Chandler Riggs, Jeffrey Demunn, Melissa McBride
2010; Stan Lee, Betty White, Erik Larsen (w/sketch), Erica Cerra, Judge Judy, Richard Dreyfuss, Phyllis Diller, Todd McFarlane, Chris Bachalo (w/sketch), Gail Anne Hurd, Frank Darabont, Dan Jurgens (w/sketch), Dave Filoni (w/sketch), Misha Collins, Sarah Wayne Callies, Emma Bell, Chandler Riggs, Jeffrey DeMunn, Norm Breyfogle (w/sketch), Rob Guillory (w/sketch), Steven Yuen, Greg Nicotero, Julie Newmar, Lynda Carter, Nancy Reagan, Rosanne Cash, Sarah Palin, The Pawn Stars, Greg Capulo
mhammen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mhammen »

I'm starting a Batman and Spiderman project. I would like to send Artist cards to any artist who has drawn either character. Can anyone tell me where I can find a list that shows who has drawn on their titles? I've searched google and nothing shows up.

Mike
Wow! That's an ambitious project! There are probably hundreds of artists over the decades that have drawn those two iconic characters. I would go to www.coverbrowser.com and look through your favorite titles, then pick out your favorite covers and start with those artists, good luck!

Over the years, I have obtained the following artists' signatures on comics with Batman somewhere on the cover: Michael Kaluta, Nick Cardy, Mike Mignola, Tim McFarlane, Mike Golden, Neal Adams, Kevin Maguire. My Spiderman covers are more limited: Sal Buscema and Tim McFarlane. I got the signatures either from friends at conventions or from the addresses on this site. I never asked for sketches.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows!
spideyfan71
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spideyfan71 »

mhammen wrote:

Mike
Wow! That's an ambitious project! There are probably hundreds of artists over the decades that have drawn those two iconic characters. I would go to http://www.coverbrowser.com and look through your favorite titles, then pick out your favorite covers and start with those artists, good luck!

Over the years, I have obtained the following artists' signatures on comics with Batman somewhere on the cover: Michael Kaluta, Nick Cardy, Mike Mignola, Tim McFarlane, Mike Golden, Neal Adams, Kevin Maguire. My Spiderman covers are more limited: Sal Buscema and Tim McFarlane. I got the signatures either from friends at conventions or from the addresses on this site. I never asked for sketches.
Wow, that is pretty awesome. If you have any pics, I'd love to see them. NY Comic Con is a few months away and some will appear, so I am hoping to rack up then.

Thanks for the link. I really appreciate the help. I'll take a look through it and start hunting some addresses.

Mike
legendwithoutaname
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by legendwithoutaname »

spideyfan71 wrote:Here's the Herb Trimpe

Mike
I highly recommend treating those cards like baseball cards and rub them down with an eraser.
I started doing it after getting back a few that appeared to smear or really never dry.
I will NOT PM you an address.
I will assist you in getting said address.
IE: give you pointers on where to get it.
spideyfan71
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spideyfan71 »

I did that where the artist would draw the sketch, just not where the signature goes. I will have to start doing that as well, i guess.

Mike
Friendly collector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Friendly collector »

Hi everyone! :)
I still have available for sale (or trade) an original comic strip by Michael Jantze, author of The Norm. It is a rare and beautiful piece of artwork in mint condition.
Those interested, please take a look here: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=216358
Many thanks and have a great summer, guys! ;-)
gree3894
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gree3894 »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with addresses for Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder. Also, recommendations on what I should send. I don't know much about comic books, this is something that is going to be for my boyfriend. I just know that this is one of his favorite combinations as far as Batman goes. Thanks to anyone who is willing to help.