SPAMMERS - WHAT CAN WE DO?

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

SPAMMERS - WHAT CAN WE DO?

Post by jasonw »

Hi,
I am sure I'm not the only one here who has been abused and irratatied by spammers around. I have choose to ignore them and eventually they will grow up get bored and bug off. However, does anyone have a better idea / more construtive idea to stop these spammers preventing us from enjoying this wonderful site?
Please share!
jason ;-)

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
cr7
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: SPAMMERS - WHAT CAN WE DO?

Post by cr7 »

I think we should just leave it up to the mods... There have been ideas put forward, if the admin wont listen then whats the point?
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

I.P bans clearly don't work, because our current resident idiot/spammer has simply encrypted his, and uses various email addresses to create new usernames every day...so in a way there's not much you can do and it's really annoying :? He's one sick individual to sit around in the chatroom here all day and annoy people
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Shambler wrote:I.P bans clearly don't work, because our current resident idiot/spammer has simply encrypted his, and uses various email addresses to create new usernames every day...so in a way there's not much you can do and it's really annoying :? He's one sick individual to sit around in the chatroom here all day and annoy people
We can't give him an IP ban because when someone posts, you can find their IP, but not on the chat thing at the bottom
scouser#1

Post by scouser#1 »

we are all wasting our breath and time thinking about how we can stop them as Admin simply won't listen to any of us mods that's why so many of us are deciding to leave
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

scouser#1 wrote:we are all wasting our breath and time thinking about how we can stop them as Admin simply won't listen to any of us mods that's why so many of us are deciding to leave
What suggestions did the mods give admin which he did not listen to?
Also mods leaving would not solve the problem, neither is it the best thing to do in this time to our forum.
jason

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
scouser#1

Post by scouser#1 »

We have asked Admin numerous times to get rid of the chatbox where most of the spamming is taking place but time after time we either get ignored or a simple no back {down}
I know that mods leaving won't solve the problem but most of us are getting fed up with being ignored.
ETHAN'S LOVE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ETHAN'S LOVE »

i think it's better to ignore him 'cause it's the only way...and to delete his offences :cry:
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

If you're talking about Spam-man, he said he was getting bored of this forum last night :)
ETHAN'S LOVE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ETHAN'S LOVE »

good!! :razz: So i've done well to stop talikng to him... :razz:
thanks to your Advices :D