Question

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
fan0258
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question

Post by fan0258 »

Hello,

If I don't live in the US and I want to send to a celebrity in the US what do I need to put in the envelope, where I put the US stemp and what IRC stand for?

Thank you very much!
DanTheMan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question

Post by DanTheMan »

fan0258 wrote:Hello,

If I don't live in the US and I want to send to a celebrity in the US what do I need to put in the envelope, where I put the US stemp and what IRC stand for?

Thank you very much!

IRC stands for International Reply Coupon. When sending IRC's just send them with you letter.If you're using US stamps you have to put them o your return envelope.
Always remember to be polite and honest with your autograph requests
[ca]
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

As Dan said, an IRC is an "International Reply Coupon" You can pick these up at your local post office.

When sending a SASE along with your letter, just stick the IRC's in the envelope with your letter. Don't put them on any envelopes. The celeb in the US will cash them in at their local post office and get US stamps.

Remember when you send an SASE to the US, don't put Non-US stamps on your SASE. Those stamps won't work here in the USA.

Always include some cardboard in your SASE as well as your envelope that the whole this in in and add "Do Not Bend" to the envelopes. If you don't have any cardboard available, then at least put "Do Not Bend" on the envelope. This should help any photos to arrive safer. Be aware that mail carriers have a tendancy to ingnore that writing.

Hope this answered your questions.

--Daniel :mrgreen: