A good template

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
blitzkreig
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

A good template

Post by blitzkreig »

Hey Ian,
you might remember me from other posts in your charity forum...
I was just asking if you could provide me with a good letter template as I dont think Im having good successs for my fundraising- Ive only got 3 out of 20 and its been 2 months now...
thx
Smudge
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Smudge »

Sorry to butt in here but, just out of interest, who are you writing to?

You may be targeting the wrong people!

Good Luck {up}
"I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander!"

http://www.freewebs.com/smudgethecollector/

http://www.myspace.com/ajpcproductions
blitzkreig
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by blitzkreig »

blitzkreig wrote:When writing for a charity, dont you have to provide a letterhead? (i.e. logo, address charity number)

I was just wondering because I would like to open an autction for the victims of the tsunami last year.

Any help would be appreciated
This was taken on 2nd June...

there was planned to be an auction, but now it is going to be a total big and I mean BIG sports event---> but we dont know yet because we are short of the autographs.

There will be a huge family outing this Summer hols involving sports events like football tournaments, tennis tournaments, basketball tournaments, volleyball tournaments, badminton tournaments, an obstacle course relay, a general question and answer face-off and lots lots more to be planned. So as you can see, there will be a long list of 'targets'. We might even push the date back on early/mid September because of the delays we are having.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi blitzkreig :)

Which celebrities did you try to contact?

Fanmail 8)
blitzkreig
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by blitzkreig »

Hey admin, as ive said, Ive only got 3 successes so far. Ive got roger federer's signed bandana, a 6x4 by Frank Lampard and a signed postcard from Tracy McGrady (got it from a friend in USA). As for the pending requests, Ive e-mailed some football teams, tennis players, sent a letter to some tennis stars via Wimbledon, I got a very strong contact from USA to help me with the Basketball stuff.

As for the others, I am trying to take things methodically so that it will not get confusing.

I am trying to research the addresses for Badminton players such as Lin Dan, Chen Hong, and eter Gade-Christensen, Gong Ruina, Mia Audina, Camilla Martin and some more.
I am also trying to do some research on the athletics dept. starting with the individuals here in the UK like Jonathan Edwards, Colin Jackson, Kelly Holmes, Paula Radcliff, etc.
I am also trying to do some research on the singing and acting dept, but as I have said, I will take things methodically.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We can help you to find these addresses for your charity auction :P

Fanmail 8)
blitzkreig
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by blitzkreig »

hey thanks man that would be great!
sorry for long reply-- it got late in UK
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Sports celebs

Post by TheCollector »

Hi blitzkreig, {up}

Thanks for your posting over the weekend.

Your project sounds very interesting, and I will get back to you later with a "dummy" letter which you might like to try.

Firstly though, I am not sure I absolutely understand what you are collecting for, how you are going to turn your collection into cash, and what you plan to do with the money you raise?

I think this might be part of your problem, because unless you are 100% clear about this, and can explain it in a really really basic way, you will find celebs, (or often more importantly their agents) will not bother to try to work it out!!!!!!

You need a basic three point plan.

• 1). Who you are collecting for.
    2). Why you are collecting for them.
    3). How a celeb donation will help.

If you get these points right, you have a much better chance of success! If you could clear this up for me I would be only too happy to reword my current letter so you can try it.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!
Ian {up}

PS By the way, I got a success from Paula Radcliffe last week. Try her at the following address: Paula Radcliffe. c/o Bedford And County Athletics Club, 3 Regent Close, Bedford, MK41 7XG.
blitzkreig
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Sports celebs

Post by blitzkreig »

TheCollector wrote:Hi blitzkreig, {up}

Thanks for your posting over the weekend.

Your project sounds very interesting, and I will get back to you later with a "dummy" letter which you might like to try.

Firstly though, I am not sure I absolutely understand what you are collecting for, how you are going to turn your collection into cash, and what you plan to do with the money you raise?

I think this might be part of your problem, because unless you are 100% clear about this, and can explain it in a really really basic way, you will find celebs, (or often more importantly their agents) will not bother to try to work it out!!!!!!

You need a basic three point plan.

• 1). Who you are collecting for.
    2). Why you are collecting for them.
    3). How a celeb donation will help.

If you get these points right, you have a much better chance of success! If you could clear this up for me I would be only too happy to reword my current letter so you can try it.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!
Ian {up}

PS By the way, I got a success from Paula Radcliffe last week. Try her at the following address: Paula Radcliffe. c/o Bedford And County Athletics Club, 3 Regent Close, Bedford, MK41 7XG.
Hi Ian,

My actual name is Jayven but you can call me Jay.

Right then for question...

1. A group of people including me are planning (for 4 months now) to arrange a fundraising event this summer holidays. You may have read the news that it has now been 6 months on from when the tsunami disaster happened. We would like to give them a helping hand by raising some cash for those people who are still in need of help.

2. I think I answered it on question 1

3. A celeb donation will ensure a huge turnout of people. An admission fee for entering each competition will be charged (dont know yet) and the autographs will serve as a prize for winning.

Hope this helps Ian- and again thanks for your full support on this idea
blitzkreig
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by blitzkreig »

P.S. you can PM me if you want to speak to me privately