Cost of return post to USA?

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Cost of return post to USA?

Post by TheCollector »

shadesofgrey wrote:The envelope with photo would be about three ounces. So, a grams conversion would put it at about 85 grams. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Hi shadesofgrey {up}

As a US member, you can purchase UK stamps for your SSAE's. Based on your envelope weight of 85gms you would need the following values of postage:

For Airmal letter from the UK to USA for an 80gm letter it would cost £1.79, or for a 100gm letter it would cost £2.16.

For a surface mail letter it would be much cheaper at 100gm for £0.96p. Surface mail can take a long time though!

To get the full price list for airmail go to: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... aId=400347
To get the full price list for surface go to:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... aId=400393

And to order UK stamps online go to: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/shop ... geNumber=1

You can buy stamps in any denomination from 1 pence upwards. Remember, you can also buy First Class stamps which are worth 30 pence, and Second Class stamps which are worth 21 pence. You can then use these in multiples, e.g. 8 x 1st class would be worth £2.40.

Hope this is helpful {up}
Any other questions, just ask!

Ian
PS. I am not on commission for the Royal Mail!!!!! Just tryin' to be helpful!
shadesofgrey

Post by shadesofgrey »

I made a purchase of stamps on the royal mail website. The next day, I received an email saying that my order had been cancelled. The person informed me that they ship overseas only to British military currently on active duty. They say they have no way to authenticate an overseas address, though their "collecting" stamp department may be able to ship outside the UK.

I guess I will continue to use IRC's.
TheCollector

Hi,

Post by TheCollector »

shadesofgrey wrote:I made a purchase of stamps on the royal mail website. The next day, I received an email saying that my order had been cancelled. The person informed me that they ship overseas only to British military currently on active duty. They say they have no way to authenticate an overseas address, though their "collecting" stamp department may be able to ship outside the UK.

I guess I will continue to use IRC's.
Thanks shadesofgrey {up} ,

That is a real pain! It looks like IRC's are your best bet after all.

Thanks for the info and sorry I couldn't help!

Ian {up}
Emma
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Emma »

Thats really strange, I always assumed people could order stamps outside the UK. Seems weird that they don't let you.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Emma wrote:Thats really strange, I always assumed people could order stamps outside the UK. Seems weird that they don't let you.
Hi,

I thought that too. Another mystery of the Royal Mail!!!!

Cheers {thumb2} [uk]
Ian