Do you have any tips?

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Do you have any tips?

Post by TheCollector »

RGs_Gal wrote:You seem to be VERY successful getting autographs for your charity. Do you have any tips? Also, how long would you wait for a reply until you sent out another letter? I've been waiting for some for over a year now. A lot of them are from the UK. Is there something special I should be sending too since I live in the USA?
Hi RGs_Gal, {up}

Thanks for your message!

Have a look here: http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=5687 for some of my tips on charity collecting.

If I have not received a rts (return to sender) I would probably wait 6 moths or so before trying again. This is mainly because I am so impatient! I know some people have received autographs anything up to two years or more after writing!

I don't really have any specific advice for collecting from the UK except to try to include a SSAE with each request, and on the whole UK celebs tend to provide their own photos. If you send something specific for them to sign it can take a while to get anything back because it has to be passed on to the celeb for private signing.

When I send out, I just include a brief letter, and an A4 (9x7) envelope with the correct return postage on it. I have not had any major waits so far, the longest one I am still waiting for is not more than 3 months, and I tend to hear back within 1 month.

Hope this is helpful!
Cheers {thumb2} [uk]
Ian