Printing Your Own Photos

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Chris102

Printing Your Own Photos

Post by Chris102 »

I just have a question about printing my own photos {thumb2}

I would like to be able to print my own photos at home, but was wondering if you would recommend the use of a Photo Printer? (I have a Lexmark X1185, ink jet.)

Also, would I use photo paper, regular copy paper, or card stock? Which looks the best.

I tried printing a photo once, but it came out very noisy (grainy). Is this a setting on my printer, or is it just that my printer isn't very good on quality :?
Chrissy

Re: Printing Your Own Photos

Post by Chrissy »

Hey there!!

I have a LEXMARK. They are VERY good with printing High Quality pictures!! Here are some tips when printing a picture. Only problem with lexmark is that the printer is cheap but not the ink.

1. Make sure its HIGH QUALITY!!! If you need help finding one, pm me and i will be happy to help you get one.

2. Use Glossy Photo paper. Makes the pictures look cleaner

3. Fix the resolution on your printer setup!! Make sure you click print PICTURE and then click BEST quality or HIGH. This will take longer but your pictures will come out crisp and clean.

If you need any help, please feel free to pm me!!

Chrissy :D
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
puppylover6391
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by puppylover6391 »

Also when you're printing you can say that you're printing it on photo paper instead of regular paper. It really helps for me. I printed one of each one and you can see a HUGE difference.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

It works out cheaper for me to order professional photos, as the ink and photo paper is ridiculously expensive :(
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

Andy316 wrote:It works out cheaper for me to order professional photos, as the ink and photo paper is ridiculously expensive :(
You are absolutely right!! Ink alone costs a lot. Especially with a Lexmark printer that uses a lot of ink for pictures. Fortunately i have found a place that sells good sheets of photo paper thats thich for only a dollar. Gotta love Canadian Dollar stores :lol:

Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

Chrissy wrote:Hey there!!

I have a LEXMARK. They are VERY good with printing High Quality pictures!! Here are some tips when printing a picture. Only problem with lexmark is that the printer is cheap but not the ink.

1. Make sure its HIGH QUALITY!!! If you need help finding one, pm me and i will be happy to help you get one.

2. Use Glossy Photo paper. Makes the pictures look cleaner

3. Fix the resolution on your printer setup!! Make sure you click print PICTURE and then click BEST quality or HIGH. This will take longer but your pictures will come out crisp and clean.

If you need any help, please feel free to pm me!!

Thanks for your help, Chrissy!

I printed my first photo today :D
I forgot I had a pack of photo paper that came free with my printer, when I bought it 2 years ago.

The only problem I ran into was thay the photo wasn't centered, and the photo was very grainy, but that was expected, as the photo is over 40 years old.

Thanks again for the help {thumb2}
ILoveDinky
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ILoveDinky »

Hello. I have a Lexmark Z645 Color Inkjet printer. Can it print good quality photos? Also, when they are printed, do they look as good as the ones we can order? Should I bother printing them or just stick to buying the photos online? Thanks for any help! :D
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

Hey there!!

Lexmark printers are usually VERY good at printing pictures. I have had no problems with them before!! Make sure to set the settings when you are about to print the picture to HIGH quality printing. It will take longer but the results are way better!

Chrissy