Something incredibly stupid

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Something incredibly stupid

Post by TheMailman »

For every letter I write, I reopen the previous letter I sent and click save as and then re type out the letter to who I am sending. Recently I have been sending to some of the Ugly Betty cast so I opened a letter I had sent to another of the cast members and then saved as and re wrote the letter. Stupidly I did not read through the letter before I clicked print and sealed it in the envelope. I forgot to delete part of the previous letter so when I am 'signing off' in the letter, it says something which was meant for America Ferrera. I guess Eric Mabius will be confused :lol:

It's really annoying as I presume he will think it was a generic letter where the names where just edited, which that isn't the case.

I've never done this before up until now, has anybody else?

TheMailman 8)
noecougar007
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Something incredibly stupid

Post by noecougar007 »

Hahaha!! I was doing the same thing from "Reese Witherspoon" to "Jesse Metcalfe", telling her what an inspiring, young woman!! Luckly I read through the letters four times each to prevent myself from making that same mistake..

Good luck though. Haha!!

Simply amazing,

Ethan
ChattyGirl247

Post by ChattyGirl247 »

you should be ok. maybe you should wait and then send another after a few months. I did that once. I accidentally did something like that when i was writing from Miley to Mitchel. I called mitchel a she and said he has a great voice
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

I've done something like that before. However, not for a fan mail request (because I hand write them).

It was actually for a job application, but fortunately I picked it up after I printed my cover letter but before I sent it.

I hope it isn't going to be any concern for you TheMailman, but Eric may be a bit confused when he reads that part :?

The bottom line is (especially if you're typing your letters) - proof read your letters before you send them!

nowandagain [rockon]
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

Well.. I write stuff that are the same trash over and over again like..

I think you are such a great actress/actor or I think you are such a talented actress/actor!

lol Don't worry about it too much though
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

puppylover6391
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by puppylover6391 »

I almost did something like that before. When writing to Dustin Hoffman I told him that I loved him in Cheaper by the Dozen. After I sealed the letter and everything my mom told me that he played the dad in Meet the Fockers, not Cheaper by the Dozen! Lol I always get those movies mixed up. I had to reopen the letter and white it out.
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

Thanks Lucas42.

Did you post your success from M. Indelicatio on here? May I ask when you received it?

I actually purchased the T. Plana autograph :lol:.
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

Cool. Please post it in the forum!

Yeah you can get Plana's autograph for under $5 at AutographWorld.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

I've done that occasionaly when I write to baseball players. Since I generally send large #'s of requests at once, I tend to just copy the basic letter format, and fill in the details as I go. I occasionally forget to change the line where I say "You are (or were) a very good (Insert Position Here)" Sometimes I'll have the first letter for a pitcher, and then I print all 10 pages of requests, and then find out that I left it a pitcher for an outfielder, catcher, etc.