How long does it take?

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: How long does it take?

Post by TheCollector »

Autograph_Fairy wrote:How long will it take to get enough autographs to hold an auction?

I am trying to raise money to pay for a school crossing person at my kids school. I thought I might try autographs, but I am curious as to how long it will take?

Regs,

Fairyx
Hi Autograph_Fairy! {up}

Thanks for your post and welcome to this forum!

It really depends how much you need to raise and by when. Most celebs will respond within a month or so, but some will take longer. Generally speaking though, it is those who take longer who are ultimately worth more at auction.

It is a bit of a catch 22 situation. The longer you can wait, the more success you will have for the least work on your part! If you need results quickly you will need to concentrate on easier-to-reach celebs autographs, which by definition are worth less at auction.

For example, you might send out 5 requests to major A'Listers (taking 3 months) which would nett you more than 30 B'list autographs (taking 3 weeks). It is all a waiting game!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

Hope this helps!

Cheers {thumb2} [uk]
Ian