Frames

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
KevinTRod
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Frames

Post by KevinTRod »

I read in the FAQ that it's not really a good idea to keep autographed photos in frames. Is there any particular reason this is a bad idea, as I've been framing my autographs from day one (a little over a year ago) and now I'm a bit concerned if I've done any damage to them or not.
My comic book/manga review site: http://www.thecomicbookguy.com

Autographs Received in Person: 5
Autographs Bought: 8
Autographs Received Through Mail Request: 6
youpla
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by youpla »

I really Dont think so . i think that some persons says that its kinda of a bad idea beacause one time , you will get bored of your autographs but it will be stick in a frame and you could do nothing with it !

personnally , i will never get bored of my autographs ! and i frame some of my autographs too ! so i dont think its a big problem and it dosent damage the autograph ! Since i am not a picture framer , if you really want to be sure or if you have doubts , you vould ask someone that does this for his job ! {up}

youpla :wink:
Thanks Dougie001 for the siggy !
Nammzi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nammzi »

I think that sometimes the chemicals used in the plactic/glass on the front can damage the picture? I'm not sure though :P
Here comes the world and she is beautifully mysterious

http://scottishspca.fotopic.net/
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi KevinTRod :D

The constant exposure of your photos to light can fade the photos over time.

It's perfectly fine to frame your autographs, just as long as you occasionally rotate them with others in your collection, and try to keep them out of direct sunlight, direct light, and heat sources (as this can damage the photo).

It's also best to choose a frame with acid-free materials to preserve the photo. I think there's a specific type of glass which will help protect the photo, but I can't remember what it's called ...

However, it is best if they aren't framed and instead, should be put into an acid-free albums/folders.

nowandagain [rockon]