SASE Via Venue for Singers / Bands (Concert locations)

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Claudi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

SASE Via Venue for Singers / Bands (Concert locations)

Post by Claudi »

Hi @ all

I searched the forum for an answer of my question but couln´t find a precise one...maybe you can help me? I know that it is always better to send an SASE with your autograph request - this should also work via Venue. But what kind of stamps should I use for singers / bands who are on a tournee?

For example: A Band from the US is having a concert in Cologne (Germany). Should I put german stamps on the SASE or US Stamps? Is it better to include IRC in this case? I am really uncertain :neutral:

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Claudia
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: SASE Via Venue for Singers / Bands (Concert locations)

Post by WaltG123 »

You can't find an answer because there isn't one.

Especially not knowing who you're writing to, it's impossible to say what they do with their mail. Signing habits will vary from person to person. This is no different.

Look up their Feedback history & their tour schedule and use your best judgment. Are they going to be in the country for a while or flying out immediately? Is their mail usually postmarked from the stop people wrote to or is it postmarked from the road? Or is it postmarked from their homebase? Does the venue hold mail or forward it to management?

We can't answer these, because we have no idea who you're talking about or where they're performing. So since you didn't provide that information, the research falls to you.

(I will never understand why anyone thinks they can get a specific answer to a vague question.)
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
Claudi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Claudi »

Hi Walt

Many thanks for your response. I had no specific musician on my mind. It really was a general question because I just started collecting autographs (6 months noch).

Nevertheless it was not my intention to snub someone and thanks for your hints :-)

Best regards,
Claudi
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

When I send VV I always use stamps according to where it is coming back from- so VV USA would be US stamps and VV Germany I would use German stamps.

My VV requests tend to be long term such as Broadway shows though. Don't think I've ever done a short term one.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

The problem is that, without actually researching, you have no idea where that would be.
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
Gomez1234
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gomez1234 »

WaltG123 wrote:The problem is that, without actually researching, you have no idea where that would be.
That information isn't needed to answer her question.

Claudi: You need to use stamps from the country it's returning from. In your example the SASE gets stamps from Germany. Not sure what to tell you about the IRCs. You can't buy them in the U.S. anymore so you have to get them somewhere else. I've never used them but I think they're good for anywhere.
Currently have: Katie Sackhoff, David Copperfield, Betty White, Fran Drescher, Carly Rae Jepsen (Cinderella playbill with cast), Mike Rowe (Eagle Scout letter), Jay Leno, Barbara Eden, Laker Girls, Jaqueline Bisset, Sophia Loren, Ann Coulter, Lani Minella, Lynda Carter, Edward James Olmos, Chuck Norris, Scorpion cast, Joanna Cameron, Weird Al Yankovick, Harry Dean Stanton, Veronica Cartwright, Rachel Nichols, Honor Blackman, Teri Garr, George R.R. Martin, Mindy Robinson, Tom Skerritt, Natalie Skyy, Penn and Teller, Paula Labaredas, Laura Hall, Jeri Ryan, Charlotte McKinney, Sandahl Bergman, Jaclyn Smith, Julie Adams, Mary Costa, Jane Seymour, Nancy Kovack.

Assorted cheerleader squads: Laker Girls, Indianapolis Colts, N.Y. Knick Dancers, Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Stars, Milwaukee Bucks, Baltimore Ravens, Miami HEAT Dancers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.