Jim Carrey, Geena Davis - Earth Girls are Easy

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
TheSmithsRock
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Jim Carrey, Geena Davis - Earth Girls are Easy

Post by TheSmithsRock »

Two events one night.. I had no idea I would be completing my Earth Girls are easy this evening. The autograph gods were on my side but the parking gods.. not so much..
Geena Davis was a guest speaker at an event. I had to go since I needed her on my vinyl soundtrack of Earth Girls are easy, beetlejuice laserdisc, and the fly.. When I got there within minutes I lost my parking ticket so instead of paying a few dollars when leaving, I had to pay $28.. =/
But it was totally worth it! Geena was nice enough sign by Record and my beetlejuice laserdisc.. I waited while Geena mingled with people. When I saw she was walking back into the event I asked if she would sign a baseball for me. Without hesitation she did. I asked if she would add Rockford Peaches on it and someone she was with said she had to go inside. Geena stated wait I have to write it, its a tradition with signing a baseball. She was very nice!
So I left and paid my $28 parking for an hour and half.

I was ready to call it a night.. but I knew of a few other events.. one had Jim Carrey listed as a guest. I assumed he wouldn't show up which is why that wasn't my 1st stop. But I figured I would go try to get my Saw dvd signed by Cary Elwes. It was his book party after all. When pulling up I saw that Cary was already on the carpet taking photos. I couldn't find any parking except for a 20 minute meter. but it was only half a block away so I parked there. I managed to get my Saw dvd signed. 20 mins passed so I ran and paid the meter.. came back waited as other guests arrived.. another 20 mins passed, I ran and paid the meter.. I was only gone for a minute and half tops! and when I got back everyone was in shock and excited.. Jim Carrey arrived and signed one each for the small group.. I was soooo bumbed... but Shortly after both Jim and Cary came back out to take photos on the carpet. As you can see in the blurry picture Im asking Jim to sign my record he states hes going to take pictures. When he walks back I tell him he is the only one I need on my record. He signs it and walks back in... I cant even explain how relieved I was...

I added some pictures with Damon Wayans and Jeff Goldblum who I previously had sign my Earth Girls record

ImagePhotoGrid_1412702023926 by TheSmithsRock626, on Flickr
ImageIMG_7943-1 by TheSmithsRock626, on Flickr
ImageIMG_20141007_102249 by TheSmithsRock626, on Flickr
Image20141007_085857 by TheSmithsRock626, on Flickr
Image20140617_232236 by TheSmithsRock626, on Flickr
ImageIMAG0857 by TheSmithsRock626, on Flickr
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Jim Carrey, Geena Davis - Earth Girls are Easy

Post by fromuk2014 »

True dedication, congratulations!
Moviefan2k4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Moviefan2k4 »

That was awesome, I'd love to meet Geena, Jeff, or Jim. :)
cardfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cardfan »

I never thought of getting a baseball-related actor to sign a baseball. Who are the autographs on the Beetlejuice movie? Nice!
Cards signed so far :
Dodger All-Stars: 34
Angel All-Stars: 20
Hall-of-Famers: 8
In person 2022: Chuck Finley, Tyler Anderson, Austin St. John, Walter Jones, Phil LaMarr, Lenore Zann, Kathy Garver, John Romita Jr
TheSmithsRock
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheSmithsRock »

cardfan wrote:I never thought of getting a baseball-related actor to sign a baseball. Who are the autographs on the Beetlejuice movie? Nice!

I've gotten a few baseballs signed by actors even if they weren't in a baseball movie... Usually because I wasn't expecting to see that actor and its the only thing I have. But it is great to have them sign one when they have been in a baseball movie.
On my Beetlejuice laserdisc I also have Alec Baldwin and Catherine O'Hara