Do I have to write the addresser on the SAE?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
geekjake
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Do I have to write the addresser on the SAE?

Post by geekjake »

On the SAE, do I have to write the address and name of the celeb as addresser?
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Do I have to write the addresser on the SAE?

Post by fromuk2014 »

geekjake wrote:On the SAE, do I have to write the address and name of the celeb as addresser?
Only on the bigger of the two envelopes I would write the address and name of the celebrity, the inner envelope should have your address only.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

I believe this is a common practice in some countries, but in the UK it's not something we do very often.

So no you don't have to, really it's up to you :)
NO LONGER ACTIVE
geekjake
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by geekjake »

In Italy I have never received a letter with the addresser written on, but I don't know how it works in USA, anytime, If you say it's not necessary I'll trust of you, thanks!
CalicoJack
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CalicoJack »

Do you think it will be a problem if one included the addresser on the SASE? My address is the main one however I also wrote the addresser in the left hand corner thinking it would make things easier. I hope this rookie mistake won't end up with not getting the autograph.
geekjake
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by geekjake »

CalicoJack, I was wondering the same thing... I guess I won't write it.
renef09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by renef09 »

It's not a problem nor a mistake. In my opinion you can put the addresser's address on the return envelope to prevent it from getting completely lost or something like that. I don't put them either, though!
Collector from Asunción, Paraguay TTM: J. Williams, E. Morricone, F. Beckenbauer, J. Dench, O. Pistorius x 2, L. Matthäus, R. Völler, O. Kahn, H. Ford PP, G. Müller, Steppenwolf, B. Borg, I. McKellen, M. Hamill, F. Rossi, R. Parfitt, G. Scarfe, G. Slick, R. Federer, J. Guldberg, T. Stahl, P. Collins, R. Ballard, P. Withers, J. Illsley, G. Martin, H. Lewis, J. Bulloch, F. Pienaar, P. Coelho, G. Sinise, S. Maier, J. Carter, L. Marini, P. Breitner, R. Stewart, B. Bardot, D. Zoff, T. Burgnich, J.E. Jones, K. Baker, J. Zanetti, M. Gorbachev, R. Bonhof, S. Thorgerson, R. Daltrey, U. Eco, W. Samuel, Sting, J. Cocker, T. Ravelli, H. Shore, J. Hurt, R. Baggio, H. Mirren, K. Spacey, K. Moss, R. Kopa, P. ?ech, J. Fontaine, R. Duvall, S. Loren, A. Ferguson, R. Astley, S. Moss, J. Reno, B. Nighy, R. Scott, M. van Basten, J. Cruyff, J. Voight, B. May, A. Moore, B. Gibb, A. Arkin, R. Plant, J. McEnroe, Roxette, Heart, B. Andersson, M. Platini, Figo, Rivellino, Pelé IP: A. Parsons, V. Mortensen