Getting autographs from abroad.

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
jcotter1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Getting autographs from abroad.

Post by jcotter1 »

I have only just found this amazing community and have loved looking at some of your successes! I am wondering, as i have seen people have done this, how can i (who lives in the uk) get an autograph from someone say living in france?

I have seen a lot of people from Germany etc getting autographs from the uk and being able to put postage stamps on them as an SAE. I realise that we no longer have international reply coupons in the uk but is there a way that i can send for autographs and have them sent back any way?

Thanks in advance,

Jesper
homestead58
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Getting autographs from abroad.

Post by homestead58 »

Probably your best bet would be to purchase some French stamps and attach it to an envelope for your SASE. But you could always send a bit of money along with your request so the celebrity can use that to pay for postage. Good luck!! :mrgreen:

Emily
** Click here to see my autograph collection!
jcotter1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jcotter1 »

Any ideas where I could buy foreign stamps in the uk? Also how much money could I put in the envelope- that method that method seems a bit risky?
EmmaSheree
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by EmmaSheree »

Buy stamps on Ebay or on the forum here

I put the cash in another envelope inside my request wrapped inside the letter so it isnt that obvious.

i do write on the money envelope Xamount enclosed for postage.
jcotter1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jcotter1 »

Ah thank you! I have collected in the uk but sending them abroad is new to me!!

How do I know how much to include? My main place to get autographs will be in Norway and Scandinavia, is there a site which can tell me how many stamps/money to include in the envelope. I don't suppose you know how much it will cost to send them from abroad do you?

Thank you for your brilliant help
EmmaSheree

Post by EmmaSheree »

jcotter1 wrote:Ah thank you! I have collected in the uk but sending them abroad is new to me!!

How do I know how much to include? My main place to get autographs will be in Norway and Scandinavia, is there a site which can tell me how many stamps/money to include in the envelope. I don't suppose you know how much it will cost to send them from abroad do you?

Thank you for your brilliant help
I only write to USA and UK

USA is $1.05 for Airmail i sometimes include only 2 stamps and explain in my letter i hope it is enough.

I also include Currency from the country im sending too if im out of Stamps although the lowest currency in note form is 5Euros for your chosen countrys as its more obvious if you are sending coins through the mail.

Hope this helps
jcotter1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jcotter1 »

Wow thanks for all your help!

Ive looked on the norway postal service website and cant find how much it would cost for someone in norway to post my letter back. I dont spose you and your experience could help me? What would u recommened putting in the envelope moneywise?

http://www.posten.no/en/products-and-se ... r-services
EmmaSheree

Post by EmmaSheree »

jcotter1 wrote:Wow thanks for all your help!

Ive looked on the norway postal service website and cant find how much it would cost for someone in norway to post my letter back. I dont spose you and your experience could help me? What would u recommened putting in the envelope moneywise?

http://www.posten.no/en/products-and-se ... r-services
Its hard coz in USA the lowest amount is $1 but others the lowest is £5/euros.

If you want to risk it send coins but i would consider buying other country stamps on ebay or the forum
jcotter1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jcotter1 »

Ok I looked on here and eBay but can't see any Norwegian stamps. Should I get a Norwegian irc?

I'm starting to think of putting 50kroner in my letter- about a fiver. Would that be enough? I've tried to see how mich international postage is from norway but I can only see parcel prices- could you have a lookmid really appreciate it!
EmmaSheree

Post by EmmaSheree »

jcotter1 wrote:Ok I looked on here and eBay but can't see any Norwegian stamps. Should I get a Norwegian irc?

I'm starting to think of putting 50kroner in my letter- about a fiver. Would that be enough? I've tried to see how mich international postage is from norway but I can only see parcel prices- could you have a lookmid really appreciate it!
If you can buy IRC in Norway then yes include them although some UK celebs dont like them much because they dont sell them in UK anymore.

Include 2/3 IRC and put them IN your request for the Celeb.

I think a fiver is too much to send TTM coz you know what the posties are like taking cash out of envelopes

good luck