how to display your autographs?!!!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
jameslister09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

how to display your autographs?!!!

Post by jameslister09 »

hello, i have recently learnt that putting your autographs in glass frames can damage the photo.
i don't spend a lot of money on the frames.
so how do you display your autographs :D

thank you
James {up} {up} {up}
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: how to display your autographs?!!!

Post by dancingirl1 »

Do you MATTE the ones you frame??? Because it's HORRIBLE for the autograph to TOUCH THE GLASS! Beware about that because it harms the autographs (THE SIGS!)

I use a binder and I display my rare ones byt MATTING Them first then framing them. :mrgreen:
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
jameslister09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jameslister09 »

i don't matte them, where can i get it from?
thank you for you're reply :D
swiftndbieber
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by swiftndbieber »

how does it harm your autoraph for it to touch the glass, I have kept my entire collection in frames and it doesnt seem to have affected any of them
Collections:
Pretty Little Liars, Make it or Break it, Hunger Games, Twilight, The Secret Life of an American Teenager, The Fosters, Modern Family, New Girl, Lying Game, Glee, Victorious, Disney , Nickelodeon, Hollywood, Singers, Others

my website: http://abiautographs.weebly.com/
jameslister09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jameslister09 »

i didnt know this but its happened to my john bishop picture
its damages the autograph because the picture sometimes sticks to the glass.
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

swiftndbieber wrote:how does it harm your autoraph for it to touch the glass, I have kept my entire collection in frames and it doesnt seem to have affected any of them
AT FIRST it won't affect them :mrgreen: But it DOES affect them!
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
swiftndbieber
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by swiftndbieber »

dancingirl1 wrote:
swiftndbieber wrote:how does it harm your autoraph for it to touch the glass, I have kept my entire collection in frames and it doesnt seem to have affected any of them
AT FIRST it won't affect them :mrgreen: But it DOES affect them!
oh, ive had some in frames for around 3 years and it has had no effect, I have also purchased some through celebrities official websites that come readily framed
Collections:
Pretty Little Liars, Make it or Break it, Hunger Games, Twilight, The Secret Life of an American Teenager, The Fosters, Modern Family, New Girl, Lying Game, Glee, Victorious, Disney , Nickelodeon, Hollywood, Singers, Others

jameslister09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jameslister09 »

it happened to my john bishop picture which was a great shame i guess it depends on what type of paper you use maybe?
swiftndbieber
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by swiftndbieber »

jameslister09 wrote:it happened to my john bishop picture which was a great shame i guess it depends on what type of paper you use maybe?
maybe, I dont have a clue what kind of paper I use lol, I print my photos on the machines they have at shops
Last edited by swiftndbieber on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collections:

coachk28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by coachk28 »

Glossy photos especially can stick to the glass frame after some time. Which will ruin the photo and the autograph.

Plus is you use the cheap $5-$10 frames from stores like Walmart or Target. If any of the material touching the photo is NOT archival safe/acid free. The photo will deteriorate and get ruined a lot faster over time.