Handwritten or typed letters?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Olive08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Handwritten or typed letters?

Post by Olive08 »

I was wondering what The community generally uses, I think handwritten looks more genuine but types looked more professional. What do you think?
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Handwritten or typed letters?

Post by ScottishDan »

Handwritten all the way! Looks a lot more personal and shows that you've put the effort in! I have to admit I sometimes type some letters, usually the ones that I have a lot to say! I have long typed up letters for the main 3 from Harry Potter because I'll use the same letter again and I have a lot to say! But even when I do type the letters I always add photos and decorate them. 8)
fox11

Post by fox11 »

I type mine if the person is older or somethin (so they can read it better)
Top Three Success's
1.Corey Taylor (Slipknot)
2.Jim Root (Slipknot)
3.Mike Moustakas (Kansas City Royals)
Matt0009
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Matt0009 »

I type but actually sign my name at the bottom.
dahancb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dahancb »

handwriting I believe is a little more effective. No matter the content it looks less form letter-ish. Plus I think it is faster.
TTM Successes: Derek Jeter, Joey Votto, Cliff Lee, CC Sabathia, Jorge Posada, David Wright, Curtis Granderson, Chase Utley, Bobby Doerr (HOF), Roberto Alomar (HOF), Wade Boggs (HOF), Josh Hamilton, Roy Halladay, Mark Texiera, Curtis Granderson, Paul O'Neill, Tino Martinez, Mike Mussina, John Smoltz, Ryan Zimmerman, Doug Harvey (HOF), Pat Gillick (HOF), Steve Buscemi, Robert Redford, Jim Bunning (HOF)

In Person (non-paid): Lawrence Taylor (HOF), Wade Boggs (HOF), Carlton Fisk (HOF), Michael Jordan (HOF), Bernie Williams, Mike Schmidt (HOF), Bob Feller (HOF), Bobby Doerr (HOF), Phil Rizzuto (HOF), Ralph Kiner (HOF), Warren Spahn (HOF), Sparky Anderson (HOF), Lou Pinella, Ron Guidry, Early Wynn (HOF)
MahoganyMarauder
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MahoganyMarauder »

I hand write all of my letters, but always try to make sure the writing is easily readable.

I've had more success from hand writing letters than typing letters.

It's all about personal preference really, as it's the words that really matter! :D

- MahoganyMarauder [uk]
VV Requests: Benedict Cumberbatch

TTM Requests: The Vampire Diaries cast, the True Blood cast, Nikki Reed, Jackson Rathbone, John Simm, Eve Myles, Tom Felton, Joseph Morgan, Jason Isaacs, Michael Crawford, Stanislav Ianevski, Clemence Poesy, Helena Bonham Carter

Recent TTM Successes: Andrew Scott, Maggie Smith, Philip Glenister, Dan Stevens, Keeley Hawes, Rhys Ifans, Jake Humphrey, Bill Nighy, Kenneth Branagh, James and Oliver Phelps, Jude Law (PP), Matthew Lewis
nikole2788
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nikole2788 »

Handwritten, for me. It's more personal.
CaeleyWhalie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CaeleyWhalie »

Handwritten! :D
I always hand write my letters, but I occasionally type out my Q&A's. :D
Most Recent Success: Dylan Everet and Melinda Shankar (Email PP's)

In Person Successes: Andrew Allen and Nate Lotz

Number of Successes in Total: 19

Successes TTM: Selena Gomez (SFM), Steffanie Scott x2, Doug Brochu, Anne Murray, Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Mort Walker, Ariana Grande, Ed Asner and Ryan Ochoa

Email: Selena Gomez (SFM), Judge Judy, Karan Brar, Drew Seeley, Steffanie Leigh, Coco Jones, Alicia Josipovic, Dylan Everett and Melinda Shankar (together)
LunaMellark
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by LunaMellark »

I always handwrite mine, makes them seem more personal :')

Favourite Successes: Derek Thompson, David Ames, Daniel Radcliffe (IP/VV), Evanna Lynch (IP), Colin Morgan, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, Sarah Close, Ellie Goulding and John Boyega (VV).

Most Wanted: Tom Odell, Casualty Cast, Holby City Cast, Skins Cast, Harry Potter Cast (Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright) Eastenders Cast, Coronation Street Cast, Hollyoaks Cast, Glee Cast and Sherlock Cast.
AuroraLuna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AuroraLuna »

Handwriting is the thing! More personal, and it shows that you really put effort into it and really like the celeb (and that you're not only after the auto because the celeb is famous, but you really don't care about the person). I sometimes take my time to make neat cards from the neat scrapbook papers one use in scrapbooks. From the ones I've made card to I've got really personal replies!
Received: Imelda Staunton (VV), Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Daniel Radcliffe (PP x2), Alan Rickman (VV), Natalia Tena, Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters and James & Oliver Phelps!
[b]IP successes: Helen McCrory!
Autos on Marauder's Map: Matthew Lewis, James and Oliver Phelps!
Requests out now:Helen McCrory (VV "The Last of the Haussmans"), Helena Bonham Carter (VV "The Young and Prodigious Spivet"), Emma Watson (VV Noah), Evanna Lynch (LA address) and Nick Moran!
Most wanted: J.K.Rowling, The Golden HP Trio, Rest of Full HP Cast (especially Tom Felton, Evanna Lynch and Helena Bonham Carter!), Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr.

Sorry, but I'm not giving out Emma's VV address. Please don't ask.