Miriam Margolyes (HP) success?

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
quails23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Miriam Margolyes (HP) success?

Post by quails23 »

Sent: 6.18.12
- LOR, SAE, blank index card

Received: 6.29.12
- 4x6 Harry Potter card signed

Address used:
Miriam Margolyes
c/o United Agents Ltd.
12-26 Lexington Street
London, W1F 0LE
UK

First of all, I am quite puzzled at the lack of international postage. If you look closely, there are remnants of two black stamps and nothing else. Because of that, I was expecting a local reply and that maybe the people at the PO were nice enough to let it slide. But I live far from England. And it arrived way sooner than expected, which is kind of weird! I've examined the card and it seems authentic to me, or at least a pre-print, because of the shininess of the ink & curves of a marker, but I am not that familiar with her signature.

Well. I'm happy with it because the card is so awesome. :)

[Photos removed for personal reasons.]
Last edited by quails23 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Miriam Margolyes (HP) success?

Post by Blackhawks026 »

When I got a reply from her, she didn't use my SAE but instead used her own envelope... But there was no postage or any kind of marking it anything on the envelope. Kind of shady lol
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
quails23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by quails23 »

Blackhawks026 wrote:When I got a reply from her, she didn't use my SAE but instead used her own envelope... But there was no postage or any kind of marking it anything on the envelope. Kind of shady lol
Haha yes, it's strange. If there was a return address, I'd be less confused, because no stamps has happened before to me. Mostly, I've been thinking of how it got there and back so fast. The only thing I can come up with is the size. If I sent everything in a 6x9, maybe it was faster than an 8x10 would've been. Thought I wrote it down, but can't find it in my notes. Oops.
tansternant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tansternant »

One of the two stamps could be the postage - I am not totally sure , but when a letter gets franked , I think it is just a black stamp . And a six or seven day shipping to the States is possible ( although it would depend on some luck ) , so the postage is probably OK .

As you didn't send the item , they didn't need Miriam to sign it because they either sent something presigned or , less probably ( but not sure ) , secretarial .

I am hoping to meet her today , so will try to compare autos .
Most recent successes :- Jake Gyllenhaal ( VV ) , Paddy Considine ( VV ) , Sam Elliott and Katherine Ross , Sir Roger Moore ( VV )
Recently sent to :-
loads of people , mainly VV
In person successes recently :-
Emma Thompson , Alison Steadman , Larry Lamb , Neil Gaiman , Steven Moffatt , Sir Derek Jacobi , Brenda Blethyn , Bill Wyman , Ray Davies , David Moyes , Denis Law , Willem Dafoe
Favourite TTM Successes :-

Dustin Hoffman , Dean Koontz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi quails23 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Miriam Margolyes on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
tansternant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tansternant »

tansternant wrote:One of the two stamps could be the postage - I am not totally sure , but when a letter gets franked , I think it is just a black stamp . And a six or seven day shipping to the States is possible ( although it would depend on some luck ) , so the postage is probably OK .

As you didn't send the item , they didn't need Miriam to sign it because they either sent something presigned or , less probably ( but not sure ) , secretarial .

I am hoping to meet her today , so will try to compare autos .

Managed to meet Miriam today . :D Her IP auto is not a million miles from yours , so I would say it is probably OK {up}
Most recent successes :- Jake Gyllenhaal ( VV ) , Paddy Considine ( VV ) , Sam Elliott and Katherine Ross , Sir Roger Moore ( VV )
Emma Thompson , Alison Steadman , Larry Lamb , Neil Gaiman , Steven Moffatt , Sir Derek Jacobi , Brenda Blethyn , Bill Wyman , Ray Davies , David Moyes , Denis Law , Willem Dafoe

jasongr1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasongr1 »

Did you get her before or after the show? Shes in Cardiff in October so will try then, What did she sign and were there loads waiting for her.

Sorry for all the questions

Jason
tansternant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tansternant »

jasongr1 wrote:Did you get her before or after the show? Shes in Cardiff in October so will try then, What did she sign and were there loads waiting for her.

Sorry for all the questions

Jason

Got her before the show - she arrived about 5.55pm for a 8pm show . There were 7 people waiting , she signed anything and posed for photos - quite a jolly woman , who , although she was almost sure we weren't coming to the show , seemed happy to sign anyway . For me , she signed a Harry Potter photo and DVD cover , a Ladies In Lavender DVD cover (already signed by Judi Dench ) and a Sarah Jane Adventures / Doctor Who item . :D She even offered to hold one of the guys Julies ( or sounds like that ;-) ) while he posed for the photo :shock: