Does anyone else get 90% of their autographs in person?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
downtoearth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Does anyone else get 90% of their autographs in person?

Post by downtoearth »

See the post title. I have...250 or so autographs, I'd say, but most of them are in person. The only ones I've mailed away for on purpose are a German soccer player and my former favorite baseball player, who I sent about eight cards and he signed them all. I also got HIS autograph in person. I've managed to meet my favorite actor, my favorite singer (after eight straight concerts), my favorite band, and many of my other favorite athletes. I've not even had to travel very far to do so. Furthermore, when I'm in a place where a lot of celebrities live, I don't recognize them on the street.

I guess there's really no one whose autograph I want enough who I can't somehow manage to meet, and I even get in-person autographs of people who I may not like just because the scribbles might be useful to say I have.

Am I lucky or do I need more celebrity interests? ;)

(And lately I've been going on eBay and thinking "that doesn't look like ______'s autograph!" because I have those autographs in person.)
il0veseamushp
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Does anyone else get 90% of their autographs in person?

Post by il0veseamushp »

downtoearth wrote:See the post title. I have...250 or so autographs, I'd say, but most of them are in person. The only ones I've mailed away for on purpose are a German soccer player and my former favorite baseball player, who I sent about eight cards and he signed them all. I also got HIS autograph in person. I've managed to meet my favorite actor, my favorite singer (after eight straight concerts), my favorite band, and many of my other favorite athletes. I've not even had to travel very far to do so. Furthermore, when I'm in a place where a lot of celebrities live, I don't recognize them on the street.

I guess there's really no one whose autograph I want enough who I can't somehow manage to meet, and I even get in-person autographs of people who I may not like just because the scribbles might be useful to say I have.

Am I lucky or do I need more celebrity interests? ;)

(And lately I've been going on eBay and thinking "that doesn't look like ______'s autograph!" because I have those autographs in person.)
ive meet a good amount people IP at conventions and some other that ive worked with but just depends on the situation
Check out my interview with Alexander Ludwig aka Cato from The Hunger Games

Click here to GO TO MY AUTOGRAPH INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT!

FOLLOW MY AUTOGRAPH TUMBLR

Click the Picture to go to my Autograph Page on Facebook

MOST WANTED --> Harry Potter - Hunger Games - Glee - Disney - Twilight Saga - Divergent - a few select TV shows!

Harry Potter: 79 autographs from 40 cast members
Hunger Games: 84 autographs from 49 cast members
Glee: 20 autographs from 16 cast Members
Twilight Saga: 10 autograph from 8 cast member
Disney: 19 autographs from 16 people
Other: 274 autographs from 182 people
Total: 486 autographs from 311 people
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

PONGO955 GETS ALOT OF HIS SUCCESSES IP!
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
spark deLite
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spark deLite »

Not I. I live in a fairly remote area, and at this point I lack the luxury of being able to travel. Either way, I feel more comfortable communicating through writing... even with non-celebs.

I see a lot of benefits from getting an autograph IP instead of TTM, and i'm glad for you.
canadagraphs1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by canadagraphs1 »

99.999% of what I get is IP.
The other 0.001% is thru trading with people I know.

My personal not for trade or sale collection is around 750-1000 items, and 98% of those were in person. Only reason my traded with people portion is so high there is I got my buddies Team Canada card collection a few years ago to fill in a bunch of holes on my Team Canada collection.

Of the stuff I sell, its probably more like 99.99999% in person.
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

Unfortunately, I rarely meet people IP. Ive met a few bands IP and Tom Felton... But the rest are TTM
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
Wordsworth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Wordsworth »

Most of mine are IP from conventions.
Lydz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lydz »

Living in New Zealand & now Australia it is very hard to meet people... I am trying to get into meeting musicians and stuff after shows, but it is hard with venue security etc...
The people I do meet in person are mainly at conventions, which are like twice a year haha but one is coming up soon with Christopher Lloyd and Hayden Panettiere, so I am very excited!!! (Even though you have to pay for the autographs)
"Action is character. If we never did anything, we wouldn't be anyone."
canadagraphs1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by canadagraphs1 »

Lydz wrote:Living in New Zealand & now Australia it is very hard to meet people... I am trying to get into meeting musicians and stuff after shows, but it is hard with venue security etc...
The people I do meet in person are mainly at conventions, which are like twice a year haha but one is coming up soon with Christopher Lloyd and Hayden Panettiere, so I am very excited!!! (Even though you have to pay for the autographs)
Christopher Lloyd will not sign in person, so paying for him is your only option anyways.
Lydz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lydz »

canadagraphs1 wrote:
Lydz wrote:Living in New Zealand & now Australia it is very hard to meet people... I am trying to get into meeting musicians and stuff after shows, but it is hard with venue security etc...
Christopher Lloyd will not sign in person, so paying for him is your only option anyways.
Yeah I figured, but I don't mind at all he is a legend so I'm very excited !
"Action is character. If we never did anything, we wouldn't be anyone."