Help in obtaining genuine politicians autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
fcbmessi10
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Help in obtaining genuine politicians autographs

Post by fcbmessi10 »

Hi,

First post so please go easy on me. :)

I would really like a hand signed autograph of politicians such as Presidents Bush Sr and Jr, Clinton and Carter. Also would like UK Prime Ministers Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, etc.

I am happy with book plates signed, as I would gladly buy the book after receiving a genuine hand signed plate from any of these people.

I'm in the UK and so how would I go about writing to a US President for example? How many postage coupons would I need to include or would I be better sending a $10 note?

Any advice gratefully received.

Best regards,

Messi10.
coolmoors

Re: Help in obtaining genuine politicians autographs

Post by coolmoors »

Unfortunately, few presidents actually sign anymore. Jimmy Carter does, but he will not sign specific items. President Bush Jr. did send out bookplates last year, and I am pretty sure that he is no longer sending them out. I am not sure about the Prime Ministers, as I have never tried to send to them.
I would not suggest to send cash for return postage, as these people typically do not have time to purchase stamps. For the convenience of both you and the politician, it would be in your best interest to acquire US postage and use that as return postage. The amount of US postage depends on the weight. Here, it is 44 cents (one stamp) for each ounce. One ounce is about 28.3 grams, and I am unsure what that is in pounds. Hope I helped.

coolmoors

THANKS BOBBY!

Credit to nicole175 for the Bobby Cox sig.

Credit to me for the Chipper Jones sig.

Please feel free to pm me if you need any help.

I am jhey99's father on Pat Neshek's message board.
I am also bravesautographs on Baseball Fever.

Trusted buyers, sellers, and traders: cards918, Paigey012, jjj, stephj32, _Christopher_ ,Classikmetal, colinjames, gatornation95, JoshProductions, SugarBearAMB, t-cards, and Theone30