What to do? Multi-signed item

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What to do? Multi-signed item

Post by Joeay »

Hello,

Ok, I have two multi-signed items I got IP. One is a theatre program that I won't be able to get again and the other is a film program (like, a 'synopsis') that I have twice, one signed, one isn't.

Both signed items miss just one autograph each (from two different people). I haven't got the main actor from the play on the theatre program nor one of the main actors from the film on the synopsis.

Now I know both actors sign well TTM and I REALLY want them both on the items. But I'm not sure, there's always a risk I WON'T get it back (well I'll send it registered so they'll definitely get it, but something can happen and I still won't get it back), should I take the risk? If I really want the autographs?

Mind you, also important to say all other autographs on both items I also have in my autograph book, so basically if I lose those, I still have the other autographs lol but I really like both those signed items and I'm terrified I'll lose them.

What would you do?
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hey Joeay {up}

I have had this problem in the past too, and I know other members have asked a similar question in the past :P

What I would suggest is to contact the agency first (if the address you are going to write to is via an agent) by phone, and explain what you want to do. That way you can get a contact name if problems arise in the future!

If you explain the circumstances and what you plan to do they should be able to advise you the best way to go about doing it, as well as the availability of the celeb!

I definately wouldn't just send the items off just in case :?

Otherwise the only other thing I can suggest if to try to get the missing sigs in-person if this is possible?

If you do send off the items though, I would definately send them registered post :P

Good luck :P

Ian :mrgreen:
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joeay »

Calling them is a great idea, I'll definitely try that :)

Well, I definitely won't be meeting them again for a very long time, if ever again. Funnily enough, I met both those actors before getting the items more than once, but once I got the items and actually needed them on it, I didn't meet them again lol talk about bad luck...

Well, thanks, I'll try calling them, hope they can help :D
Piper
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Piper »

Great ideas, Ian. I'm keeping them in mind for an item I was hoping to get signed by people who worked on Wonderfalls.
harrylare
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by harrylare »

I have a horror story regarding this subject but I won't get into that. My shrink told me I shouldn't bring it up. {drunkard} Unless your a 120% sure that the celebs actually sign TTM and are not secretarials I wouldnt do it. It would be criminal to have authentic autographs and then a couple secretarials on the same Item.
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joeay »

harrylare wrote:I have a horror story regarding this subject but I won't get into that. My shrink told me I shouldn't bring it up. {drunkard} Unless your a 120% sure that the celebs actually sign TTM and are not secretarials I wouldnt do it. It would be criminal to have authentic autographs and then a couple secretarials on the same Item.
LOL

Yeah, I know what you mean and these two definitely sign well TTM, without a doubt. No secretarial. Well, they're hardly famous enough to do secretarial lol
Nissaea
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nissaea »

my 2 cents,

ok this will sound silly but my motto is "you only live once".

it sounds like the items really mean a lot to you. however if getting the other signatures will complete it for you, i say take the risk!

how will you feel if you'd never tried?

i think TheCollector's advice of calling ahead is a great idea. It's a little extra insurance on it being successful possibly. especially with the fact that you know they sign TTM often.

However, I don't think I'd ever regret trying even if, god forbid, it was to get lost in the mail!

what i suggested to someone once was to go get it photo-copied. so even though it isnt the REAL thing.. if you unfortuantely never happen to get it back at least you have a memory of it. which is the next best thing. :wink:

anyhow, Joeay i truly wish you the best of luck. please let us know the outcome if you choose to take the risk!

Check out my autograph site!
http://www.freewebs.com/nissaea/

Formely known as Insatia

Autograph Collector since 1998
Official Fanmail.biz member since 22 Apr 2005
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joeay »

Nissaea wrote:my 2 cents,

ok this will sound silly but my motto is "you only live once".

it sounds like the items really mean a lot to you. however if getting the other signatures will complete it for you, i say take the risk!

how will you feel if you'd never tried?

i think TheCollector's advice of calling ahead is a great idea. It's a little extra insurance on it being successful possibly. especially with the fact that you know they sign TTM often.

However, I don't think I'd ever regret trying even if, god forbid, it was to get lost in the mail!

what i suggested to someone once was to go get it photo-copied. so even though it isnt the REAL thing.. if you unfortuantely never happen to get it back at least you have a memory of it. which is the next best thing. :wink:

anyhow, Joeay i truly wish you the best of luck. please let us know the outcome if you choose to take the risk!
Ah bless you :D Thanks.
Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing, I said 'well I'll scan it then send it'. I know one of them signs reallllly well, from the other I only saw one success so far and I know several others tried since so I'll wait a bit longer to see if the others get successes. He's a nice guy so I'm sure people will get successes from him soon enough.
And yeah, ever since I thought about trying that I couldn't stop thinking I should go for it so I guess I really just need to go on and do it.
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joeay »

Lucas42 wrote:I think everybody has given you great advice! Confirming you get authentics through the mail, calling or emailing the agency first to check, registering the post and photocopying the item all sound like great ideas. And if you're too worried, I agree that you can hold onto it and try for an in-person on the missing sigs sometime.

Do you mind if we ask what it's for?
Well, just for me hehe!
But if you mean what are the stuff then.. one is a program from the play 'Otherwise Engaged', it was a really good play bytheway lol and well, I met Richard E. Grant twice before that but that night I missed him and he's the main one in it. I know he signs well TTM so will defo try him.

The other is the synopsis of 'Narnia', got everyone on it and also on cards except William Moseley (whom I got on cards twice) and then heard of a couple of TTM successes from him so might try him, but waiting to see some more successes.
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joeay »

I've heard of feedback from William, he does sign TTM generally speaking lol but like several other people from the Narnia cast, they've been very busy since the films came out and it'd take them a while to reply.
I will ring though before I send to William.

Richard I think I'll do it more easily lol I got him IP twice before but not on my program. Basically, atfirst he was easy IP but then he would sneak out from other doors and before the show finishes and stuff lol, really cheeky fella!
So after I actually went to see the show I missed him! lol