Why'd you decide to start collecting?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
benny_holb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Why'd you decide to start collecting?

Post by benny_holb »

Hey all... Got another little mini-quiz for you. I'm just wondering what caused you to start collecting? I really don't have a real reason. I was looking around ebay for WWE stuff, and I noticed a bunch of autos. That lead me to look for other celeb pictures, and that led me to looking for email addresses. That in turn led me to sending my first request, which in turn led to me getting my first response, a few Harlem Globetrotters.

Why'd YOU start collecting?

--Ben
Spfan22
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Spfan22 »

I guess I started collecting because I love to watch a lot of movies and when the first Harry Potter came out( :oops: I have to admit), I really admired Emma Watson. So I wanted to get an autograph just to have a little something. When I finally got it, I was thrilled so it just became my hobby from there.
Last edited by Spfan22 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
benny_holb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by benny_holb »

Why does it make you blush that you look up to Emma Roberts? What's wrong with her?

And, that's cool that it just stemmed from the one that you got. That's how these things work sometimes.

--Ben
misstiffany
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by misstiffany »

Man, I really want to get Emma Watson's autograph too!! Just curious, what address did you use for her?

... but back to Ben's question:
I started collecting on June 23, 2003. I was searching on the Internet for some addresses and came upon this site called StarArchive (which was free awhile back), and from there I got addicted! It's not really the greatest story, but after I got my first success (which was a card from Mia Hamm), I couldn't stop. Plus, it was the summer and I didn't have to go to school.

Wow... it's so hard to believe that I've been collecting for this long already. I'm in disbelief of myself, hardy har!
Spfan22
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Spfan22 »

I think I might have used this one:
Emma Watson
C/O Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522
I got it like last April though, so I don't know if it still works.
Spfan22
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Spfan22 »

And I was blushing because kids at my school don't really like Harry Potter anymore, but I really haven't outgrown it completely. You're right, who cares what everyone thinks? :D
misstiffany
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by misstiffany »

Spfan22 wrote:I think I might have used this one:
Emma Watson
C/O Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522
I got it like last April though, so I don't know if it still works.
Woot-- I like addresses in the US, lol. I think I might write to one in the UK though...

Ha-- you can never outgrow HARRY POTTER!!! Just wait untl the next movie or book comes out and everyone will be obsessed again.
Spfan22
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Spfan22 »

I know what you mean... It's like that everytime another one comes out.
benny_holb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by benny_holb »

I can not wait until the next book is released! July... Sometime... My english teacher has the days counted until it comes out :lol:
Spfan22
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Spfan22 »

Isn't it like "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"?