Charity Auction Benefiting Local Free Clinic

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
Nessarie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Charity Auction Benefiting Local Free Clinic

Post by Nessarie »

I work for a free clinic called Open Arms in Toccoa, Georgia, and in the fall, we are having our annual charity auction.

This year, since they've now got me to do the "soliciting" work, they've decided to ask for celebrity donations.

I've sent letters to quite the slew of celebrities already, the initial batch going out just two weeks ago! Our first response came today, from Paula Deen. She sent us a signed photo AND a signed cookbook! We were all so excited, we were screaming and jumping up and down in the office. I'm sure our patients worried if it wasn't US who needed the medical treatment.

Conversely, we did get a couple of RTS's (Trisha Yearwood and Amy Grant), but not as many as I feared. In fact, I didn't think we would get any response at all, so I'm very happy with the outcome so far.

We would really like to be able to send a letter to Alton Brown as well, but we've only been able to find his book publisher's address in New York. Now, I know no celebrity is going to put their home address out there for everyone to know, but wouldn't he have some kind of Georgia address, at least pertaining to business since this is where he lives and works? Anyone have anything?

Also, we would just DIE if we could get the Jim Henson company to donate something - obviously, we don't expect Kermit or Ms. Piggy donated, but maybe the "Muppets" can sign a pic for us? Any ideas on where I would send that letter?

Below is a list of celebrities that I've sent to already - I'll keep it updated with responses and notes for you all!

Elton John

Trisha Yearwood

Alan Jackson

Taylor Swift

Justin Bieber

Usher

Carrie Underwood

Kellie Pickler

Darius Rucker

Jason Aldean

Josh Turner

Jennifer Hudson