Request for double act's separate autographs & something

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Raura
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Request for double act's separate autographs & something

Post by Raura »

Hi, I'm new here :mrgreen: Spent some time reading old threads are really helpful, but I still have some questions...

1. I plan to request autographs of a British double act, Mitchell & Webb, and they are belong to the same agency. Is it alright for me to send one big envelope with two letters (for each of them) and one SASE if I want to receive two separate autographs instead of one? Of course I'll write another letter to the staff to clarify that.

2. My friend and I are considering requesting David Tennant's autographs. We might use the same address since she's living in the UK but I'm not. Will we possibly succeed if we request two via one SASE?

Thanks in advance for your help! :D
Last edited by Raura on Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rachael

Re: Request for double act's separate autographs & something

Post by rachael »

I don't see anything wrong with putting the M&W in one, if they have clearly marked inside as two separate letters. I imagine it would be self-explanatory. I'd make sure each was in a marked envelope inside the main one though, so the pics etc, don't get lost.

As for the second, whilst I don't see anything wrong with it, you *may* have less chance in getting both signed. However, if in the note you specifically request each is dedicated to a different person, that will clear up any suspicion of trying to obtain signatures for the purpose of selling on (I'm not entirely sure why, since I personally LOVE collecting dedicated items, no matter who they are dedicated to, but I realise I am in the minority).

Good luck! :D
Here is my selling website. Lots of autographs for sale! http://www.rachaelgrant.com/items/
Favourite: Daniel Radcliffe, JK Rowling, Alan Rickman, River Phoenix, Evangeline Lily
Want: Randy Harrison signed theatre items
HappinessStan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HappinessStan »

1. I wouldn't personally put the Mitchell and Webb ones in the same envelope, since the agent would probably just put a sticker on the envelope and forward to their home addresses, without having to put more stamps on the envelope. For that reason I'd send individual letters. If you're looking for both on one pic then I would try them VV the next time they go out on the road,

A friend of mine wrote to David Mitchell about 8 months ago and hasn't heard anything back yet, I don't remember seeing any other successes on here, but good luck anyway.

2. Agree with Rachael, David Tennant is a good signer, you might want to put a post-it note on each pic requesting who you'd like them signed to. I generally do that with most requests to save the person I'm sending to or their secretary from having to read the letter if they are signing thousands all at once.
Raura
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Raura »

Thank you both for your advice! :D

As to David Mitchell, I saw someone here succeed viewtopic.php?t=101686, but it was in 2008. So I guess he's not willing to sign anymore now...? But still, thanks for telling me your friend's experience, I won't expect it too much.
Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lauren81492 »

Another thing you might want to know about David Tennant (I'm 99% sure it works this way, anyway)--if you request a signed photo, you will get a pre-signed (by David) postcard with a secretarial dedication. If you send your own photo, David dedicates it himself, but it takes longer. Mine only took about five weeks, but I think it varies.

Anyway, good luck with all your requests! I'm just now discovering Mitchell and Webb--they're hilarious.
Raura
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Raura »

Thanks, Lauren! It's very helpful!! :D Now I'll have to think which way I should choose!

Yes, they are really funny :lol:
Icena
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Icena »

Just to let you know, I've been waiting on David Mitchell for around 6 months now. I'm sure he's still willing to sign. I'll assume he's busy!
R.I.P Jeremy Brett, The Only Sherlock Holmes I've Ever Known.
Raura
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Raura »

Thanks for the info! Good luck to you and good luck to me! But six months and counting? My friend will move about four months later! Maybe I should just send it from my place and the internatinal postage.... :cry:

And, Jeremy Brett is indeed the greatest Sherlock! {up}