Asking for a personal and charity??

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
CasEjonz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Asking for a personal and charity??

Post by CasEjonz »

I have recently decided to write some of my favorite celebrities for TTM autographs. I also had the idea to try to acquire autographs to use to donate to my local animal shelter so they may use them to raise much need funds. Now with people that I don't care about on a personal level no big deal I send a letter solely focused on my cause.
What I want to know is when I am writing to a celeb that I want to acquire for my own collection. (I would be sending a few photos) could I ask that one certain photo not be personalized since I will be donating it to raise funds for the shelters?? Is it proper to ask them on both levels, personal and charitible?
Thank you for your opinions.
Regards
CasEjonz
myth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Asking for a personal and charity??

Post by myth »

I'm also collecting autographs for charity. As a complete beginner in the autograph collecting world, I wasn't aware that most people included photos with their letters. Of the ones that I have sent off, all have come back with a photo included (I added an SASE).
However, some celebrities whom I wrote to were extremely generous and included one extra for me too, even though I didn't mention anything. If I were in your position and was genuinely wanting one of their autographs, I would add it into the letter in a more subtle way, e.g. "I know, as a huge fan of your work and also an autograph collector myself, that you would be one of the best people to write to."
That way, they don't feel pressured into having to write an autograph for you, but they understand that you're interested (while complimenting them at the same time!).

I hope this helps.

Good luck with your charity venture. ;-)

Best wishes,
myth
tansk1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Asking for a personal and charity??

Post by tansk1 »

It would be best to use a letterhead from the shelter that you are raising funds for. It's proper to include background information pertaining to what you plan on doing with anything they chose to donate, but don't make it sound too needy.

Good luck!