Spam explosion!

Moderators' Forum.
dobie516

Spam explosion!

Post by dobie516 »

I just spent an hour and a half deleting spam. It's been on the boards since this summer and I guess no one had caught it. Someone set up about 20-25 user names and every name had 5 posts or less. Each user was on line for a day or two and left spam links in their posts. They weren't very imaginative and posted in the same topics over and over.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
dobie516

Re: Spam explosion!

Post by dobie516 »

One of the members came back and put some more spam posts. Can we ban user aionhomep? Hopefully this will at least slow down the spam.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Spam explosion!

Post by ursha »

It doesn't help. Looks like this user always find a way to come back and post. And I believe it is the same user. Yesterday I deleted over 80 topics from someone, 11 were already moved into a TM forum. It took me more than 1hour. I have enough of that. Today I'm not even going to start, we are not here to spend hours daily on deleting the spam, are we? I have enough of that. Users will start to leave the board if this won't get fixed soon. And it won't.
Thanks to Seb for my beautiful set! :)

Favourites: Kellan Lutz!, David Wenham!, Frank W. Abagnale, Tom Felton, Billy Boyd,
Adrien Brody, Channing Tatum, Geoffrey Rush, Robert Pattinson, Ian Somerhalder
Most wanted: Dominic Monaghan, Amanda Bynes, Heath Ledger (RIP)
Last one received: James Franco

{star} My Autograph Website