NFL TTM Thread

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
kennedyniles
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: NFL TTM Thread

Post by kennedyniles »

I got Antwaan Randle El back today. Took 11 days, sent to training camp. Postmarked yesterday!

kennedyniles {up}

http://www.kennedynilesautographs.webs.com - Please sign my guestbook!
http://www.wesendfanmail.forumotions.com - Join my forum!

Latest success: 1/25/2011: Earl Holliman! :)
Latest RTS: 1/25/2011: Daniel B. Windsor (UTF) :(
Latest Sent Request(s): 1/29/2011: Daniel B. Windsor Image
Mbarr23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mbarr23 »

not yet
shadow316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by shadow316 »

Just got back a few hours ago from my trip up to FedEx Field to see the Redskins/Bills game. Unfortunately no IP successes, didn't get to the player's parking lot in time.

Before I left I did have one success, former Redskins and Panthers RB Stephen Davis! Sent a card to Panthers TC, he is a coaching intern there this year, and got it back signed in about a week. Wasn't sure I'd see this one returned, so I was very happy.

Haven't checked my mail since I've been back, so hopefully there will be more successes to post when I get it in the morning. Congrats to those who have had some successes while I was away.
Some favorites from my collection, so far, are...

Favorite IP Autographs: Chris Cooley, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Faith Hill, John Riggins, Bruce Smith

Favorite TTM Autographs: Stephen Davis, Jim Lachey, Peyton Manning, Mark McGwire, Chris Samuels

Favorite Sports Teams: Washington Redskins, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox
shadow316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by shadow316 »

First success of the week this week, one of my favorite Redskins. Safety Chris Horton! Sent him 2 4X6's, one of them was a picture I took at the home opener last year. Sent on 6/18, received signed on 8/18. Sent it to Redskins Park, which should be in the database. This is one of many that I sent there this year, so hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. I have been really bad at posting pics, but I'll try to get these up soon.

Favorite IP Autographs: Chris Cooley, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Faith Hill, John Riggins, Bruce Smith

Favorite TTM Autographs: Stephen Davis, Jim Lachey, Peyton Manning, Mark McGwire, Chris Samuels

alexjumbo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by alexjumbo »

Great topic! I'm new to this ttm stuff but liking it pretty fast. My favorite team is the Buccaneers. I sent out Cadillac Williams & Josh Freeman on 8/13/10. How do I send an 8x10 ttm? Is it like baseball cards( card, letter, s.a.s.e)? Do I send a sharpie with it? Any help is appericated. :D
shadow316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by shadow316 »

How you send out your 8X10s depends on how much you want to spend on postage. You can send them without cardboard or some sort of top loader, that'd save you some money. What I do is determine whether or not I want to throw in cardboard by how far the envelope has to travel. If it's close to my home, I usually don't add anything. Anything being sent west, I usually add something since the greater distance increases the chance of it being bent. ALWAYS write "Please Do Not Bend" on the outside of your envelope either way. Obviously, make sure your SASE is at least 9X12.

I would only add a Sharpie if you want your photo signed in a specific color. Typically they will be signed in black or fine point black. Peyton Manning typically signs in blue, just FYI. Also remember the silver and gold sharpies tend to flake off over time, so black or blue is usually a better way to go. Hope this helps!

alexjumbo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by alexjumbo »

@ shadow...Thanks for the info. It looks like people have succuss with Payton. I must look for a card to send. I'm going to test this method on Ronde Barber. I have luck with IP's around here in Los Angeles. But my Buccaneers are in the east it makes things harder. Thanks. Much luck to everyone.
cd4242
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cd4242 »

Seve Largent signed 2/2 in about a month

800 Occidental Ave. South
Seattle,WA 98134
Recent Successes:Raymond Berry,Ozzie Newsome, Bruce Smith, Steve Largent,Brandon Phillips,Pat Neshek, Lawrence Taylor,Steve Alford,Chuck Bednarik,Bob Huggins, Bruce Weber, Brad Daugherty, Rick Pitino, Daniel Tosh, Jim Calhoun, Tom Izzo, Jay Leno, Pawn Stars,John Calipari, Coach K, Travis Pastrana, Dick Vitale, OKC Thunder

looking for anybody who has had a success with Ed reed or Andre Johnson
chipperj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chipperj »

Is it to early to send to teams normal address not the training camp address sorry im new to football i have tons of baseball autos but no football so the helpnis greatly appreciated
shadow316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by shadow316 »

@chipper

I'd say now is actually a good time for that, being there are still a couple of weeks left in the preseason. Once the regular season starts, players are typically so busy it can take FOREVER to get a response. Keep in mind some teams had training camp at their team's facilities. For example, the Redskins had their camp at Redskins Park in Ashburn which is where they practice all year. That is also the team's mailing address. I just had a success from the Redskins that I received just a day before they broke camp.

Me personally, I plan on sending out one more big batch this week to try and catch players while they are still in the preseason. Depending on the player and the team, I'd be patient because even now it can take a while to get a response. Good luck! Let us know who you plan on sending to and how you do.