IRC's are now non-existant in the UK....

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

IRC's are now non-existant in the UK....

Post by Debs eleven »

Have been informed by the Post Office that IRC's no longer exist - what are other collectors sending, Cash? :neutral:
fabandfriendly
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: IRC's are now non-existant in the UK....

Post by fabandfriendly »

where did you here this from as i send irc and am still able to get them
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Debs eleven »

Really? Lewisham Post office in London told me they had not been in existance for a year!
JamieLee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JamieLee »

I've always found it difficult to get them here in East London so over the past year or so I've just bought foreign stamps online from the country I'm sending to Post Office website - almost all seem to ship to the UK (except America so I purchase 'forever stamps' on eBay), works out cheaper in the long run to putting the exact postage on :)
Latest TTM Success: Lynne McGranger (VV)
Latest IP Success: Ashley Jensen
Latest Requests Sent: Reba McEntire (VV) & Sara Rue (VV)
Latest RTS: Jerry O'Connell (VV)
Favourite Successes: Martha Stewart (IP), Reba McEntire, The Band Perry, The Go-Go's, Angela Lansbury, Victoria Rowell, Carrie Underwood (IP) & The Veronicas (IP)
Most Wanted Autographs: Dolly Parton, Wynonna Judd, Naomi Judd, Kyra Sedgwick, Mary McDonnell, Faith Ford, Kelly Ripa, Lady Antebellum, Tammin Sursok & Bec Hewitt
Myself205
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Myself205 »

I bought a couple if IRC last week and I don't live in a big city.
Classikmetal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Classikmetal »

I do cash. Sure it's kind of cheap, but it gets the job done to get it sent back to you.
fabandfriendly
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fabandfriendly »

JamieLee wrote:I've always found it difficult to get them here in East London so over the past year or so I've just bought foreign stamps online from the country I'm sending to Post Office website - almost all seem to ship to the UK (except America so I purchase 'forever stamps' on eBay), works out cheaper in the long run to putting the exact postage on :)
what are forever stamps?when sending to america how much do you send for postage?
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

IRCs have NOT been discontinued. If a single post office tells you this, it may be because no one was buying them there so head office stopped sending them to that post office. They've been missinformed.

fabandfriendly - Forever Stamps are American stamps. They're like our 1st class stamps. They have no value printed on them. You pay the price and if the price then goes up, your stamp is still valid - hence "forever". 3 should be enough for an A5 envelope with a photo from USA to UK. You can get them on eBay or members may swap you some for UK stamps in the Sale/Exchange forum.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.