Asking a musician for bandmate's addresses??

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Isaiah
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Asking a musician for bandmate's addresses??

Post by Isaiah »

I was going to write to Kat Bjelland, from the band Babes In Toyland. I was wondering, would it be rude to politely ask in an LOR if she could enclose the address of her former bandmates? I don't want to sound rude with my request to her, since she is a great woman and a great musician, I just want to own the autographs of her former band members Lori Barbero, Maureen Herman and Michelle Leon. Should I ask her, since the addresses are not in the database? Thank you in advance.

Isaiah
World's biggest Yoko Ono fan!
packrat

Re: Asking a musician for bandmate's addresses??

Post by packrat »

The vast majority of celebs would consider it rude to ask them for another celeb's address. You are not likely to get a favorable response that way, and might even ruin your chances of getting a success from that individual.
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

^ agreed. Especially if they are former bandmates (they are unlikely to be in contact).
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

Yeah, that would be a rahter odd request. I wouldn't dare attempt it...

Khackdrums :D
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
Rachel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Rachel »

Don't do it!
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Actually I don't see anything wrong with that. So long as all the members are still on good terms with each other, if they broke up because of a fight or something I wouldn't attmept it. I've written to some celebs and have politely asked if they could have so & so could sign my photo (For example my Jake Thomas success where I sent photos of his parents and they kindly signed those for me).

You could mention something along the lines to Kat if she happens to have fanmail addresses for the other band members, if she could enclose them along with her response. Who knows, Kat might even have old signed photos of the whole band still laying around that she can send you. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
Isabella34
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Isabella34 »

Most celebrities would likely find it rude to be asked for another celebrity's address. Approaching them in this manner is unlikely to yield a favorable response and could potentially harm your chances of obtaining a positive outcome from that individual.