question

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
M@rk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

question

Post by M@rk »

Hey i sent away for loads of autographs....SFM also in the post....
I was unsuree what i wanted to do for children in need....could i like sell them? or do u have to ask the person first? :mrgreen:
James

Post by James »

Hi Mark, and Welcome to the charity board.

Glad you have started raising money for Children in Need. I do not think that you need to ask C I N, as they ask you to raise money for them.

Secondly, If you would like to raise money, then sell them. I suggest eBay as it attracts many people. Always say that they are for charity when selling them though.

Who have you had sucesses from?

Hope this helps,
James {up}
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi guys! {up}

Ebay (in the UK) have set up a special "Charity Auction" area which is dedicated at the moment to "Children In Need". As far as I am aware give you special reduced rates and they donate all associated listings fees on your behalf.

I think at the moment it is only for Children In Need, but after the event in November they will be opening it up so that anyone collecting for any registered charity can use the service.

Check out this link for more info: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/community/charity/index.html

Ian :mrgreen:
M@rk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by M@rk »

Lol No do i need to ask the celebrity who im gettin an autograph from can i sell it? :mrgreen:
James

Post by James »

Hi Mark,

You need to tell the celebrity what you are doing with the autograph, like selling it to make money for Children in Need.

James