Good autographs to get for charity. Help please!!

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
redtoffee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Good autographs to get for charity. Help please!!

Post by redtoffee »

I was wondering if any celebs were particularly good at signing for charity or you can recommend anyone worth trying for my ME/CFS charity www.wamcare.org for whatever reason.

ALso if there is any celeb who would happily reply via email for charity then that will also be useful as it will save on postage. I read somewhere that people dont like putting email addresses on this forum understandably due to spamming so if you wanted to tell me about so called easy to get celebs then feel free to PM me.

Also I noticed a couple of people wrote to some production companies like the BBC is there any of those that you can recommend and who would you write to to ask for donations if you arent writing to a celeb and what sort of donations would you ask for.

Thank you in advance for you time! Any tips you might want to tell me are very much welcome! Also is it acceptable in some circumstances to ask for a photo for you as well. E.g. write to your fave celeb with an official letter from your charity and then maybe in a personal letter ask for a signed photo for yourself?

Laura
~X~
Childrenfirst
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Good autographs to get for charity. Help please!!

Post by Childrenfirst »

Good luck on your charity fundraiser. I have been collecting now for almost 7 months for our auction. I started out reading the Feedback board to see who got autographs back and then I used them with my LOR, SASE and photo. I learned that when I sent some at first, I got nothing back and read that your chances are better if you send a photo.

It is not an easy process and takes time. I would give you mu successes but I hae been told on here that you ask for the ones you want,not the easy ones. Football players are good to send if they are not he most popular. Go on the database and check player and the sucesses.

I will tell you a few:
Martin Sheen is fantastic to send
Contact Tony Hawk through his foundation.
Alan Alda of MASH is real good.
Emails are not recommended and seldom get authentic autographs.

Good luck to you.
redtoffee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by redtoffee »

Thank you very much for your feedback I will bear all that in mind!

A question about emails though I have sent out a few emails to well used email addresses that people are frequently getting non PP responses from. Does that mean I should not do that again. I have sent out many postal requests but I found some charity successes via email, does that mean that they aee secs?

Thank you!

Laura
~X~
autographgirlygirl

Post by autographgirlygirl »

Hi Laura:
It doesn't mean that all successes from emails are pre prints. I have received a few successes from emails that weren't pre-prints for the auction I am doing. You will have better success however, if you mail out requests.

As for who is good at sending donations:
Henry Winkler
Guy LaFleur
Coronation Street
Vince Gill
Amy Grant

Hope this helps and good luck!! {thumb2} Any questions feel free to PM me.
redtoffee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by redtoffee »

autographgirlygirl wrote:Hi Laura:
It doesn't mean that all successes from emails are pre prints. I have received a few successes from emails that weren't pre-prints for the auction I am doing. You will have better success however, if you mail out requests.

As for who is good at sending donations:
Henry Winkler
Guy LaFleur
Coronation Street
Vince Gill
Amy Grant

Hope this helps and good luck!! {thumb2} Any questions feel free to PM me.
Thank you very much thats very kind and helpful!

Laura
~X~
wwfcgal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wwfcgal »

Go onto Savannah Outens Youtube and email her. She replies in person telling you when she will mail it out. She emailed me saying that she will mail it out next week. Good Luck!
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

With so much fraud and untrustworthy dealers willing to say or do anything for autographs i think alot of celebrities would be weary of people claiming it is for charities through a email or mail. Most charity work celebs do is done through their agent or manager and they need to know alot about the charities if their name will be associated with it.
RobertaRight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RobertaRight »

johnnylightning has a point. Good luck.
"Life is just a series of dammits." (Alan Rickman)