Authenticity Comments in Feedback

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
annie985

Authenticity Comments in Feedback

Post by annie985 »

Can we have some sort of rule that unless a person specifically asks for authenticity comments in the feedback section, then don't post them? Or is there a way to fix it so that a person has to add whether or not they want authenticity comments in their feedback post. It seems like people who just throw out "sorry that you got a sec" or something along those lines is starting fights amongst members. I know that people say they are doing a "service" for newbies, but maybe some people really don't want to know. It just seems like sometimes people throw out comments like "it's not real" just to be mean. Just a suggestion because it seems like there has been some fighting going on in feedback because people post authenticty comments without provocation.
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Authenticity Comments in Feedback

Post by guilder1st »

That is already a rule. If someone want's to get an opinion about authenticity they can post it in the correct forum. Otherwise people need to keep there comments to themselves. If you see unsolicited opinions about authenticity just report the post and one of the moderators will take care of it.
annie985

Post by annie985 »

guilder1st wrote:That is already a rule. If someone want's to get an opinion about authenticity they can post it in the correct forum. Otherwise people need to keep there comments to themselves. If you see unsolicited opinions about authenticity just report the post and one of the moderators will take care of it.
Oh okay, thanks. I didn't know that.
1name1legend
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1name1legend »

I totally don't agree on this one. We Have alot of new members. When someone is Happy and all With an AP,PP or sec and treats it like it's real. I say it is our right to inform them and the other users on their bogus auto.
Last edited by 1name1legend on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

I agree with the rule. It gets some member's really upset when people start commenting on the authenticity of the autograph. It ruins the joy of recieving a response. Member's should keep their opinions to themselves. If they must say something, they shoould bring it up in the proper forum. {up}

Khackdrums :D
ought-o-graugh
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ought-o-graugh »

1name1legend wrote:I totally don't agree on this one. We Have alot of new members. When someone is Happy and all With an AP,PP or sec and treats it like it's real. I say it is our right to inform them and the other users on their bogus auto.
Fine, but in a forum like Studio Fan Mail/Celebrity Merchandise, where everyone knows they're getting replica autographs, it's probably not the best place to bring it up, and then argue the point:

"I agree why even send an email. If I can't get a real, why bother.
Waste of a Good Tree."

"SFM is not an auto. It's a printed picture"

"Why waste your time for a fake auto?"

"Would you send for a known sec, AP or buy a fake from Ebay? I know I would not."

"I am done with this topic."

Many people like the fact that the sfm pics are better than the crummy, photocopied copyright violations that people are selling on Ebay. And they understand that when a given celebrity has reached the point in their career where hundreds or thousands of fans write with autograph requests, that same celebrity is probably too busy to sit and sign such a volume of pictures.

I challenge anyone here to sit and sign their name a hundred times in a row... and then sit and do it again a few days or weeks later... and then again. That's why getting an authentic autograph from an A-list celeb is a challenging hobby, and at the same time, receiving a nice, "authorized" replica, for free, is a generous nod from a celeb to a fan. SFM provides busy celebs a way to show appreciation to their FANS; their goal is not to deprive collectors of authentic autographs. That's the answer to "SFM AND PP PHOTOS...SUCCESS AND WHY ?" which would have been posted over there if someone hadn't locked the topic.
1name1legend
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1name1legend »

Hey I did not start the post but I gave my two cents and then some.

I am not gonna give a congrats to PP, AP or sec. I have better sense than to point at worthless crap and say WOW OMG.
pinkie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by pinkie »

I don't agree with the rule about not commenting on authenticity as it is damaging to the hobby and collecting community not to know the truth. However, it is a rule, and I will abide by it.

Could I please ask for an amendment though. If a poster knows their reply is not authentic or the moderators know the reply is not authentic (where not stated), could they please add the appropriate tag to the title of the post. ie; Autopen, Preprint, Stamp, Longpen, Secretarial. This would mean a non authentic post would look something like "Al Pacino Secretarial Success". It would add clarity to a busy forum and help those of us who do care about authenticity, as well as give the most basic of warning information to someone who might not know a signer is not signing authentically. It would also reduce the need for comment about athenticity. Something to ponder?
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

pinkie wrote:I don't agree with the rule about not commenting on authenticity as it is damaging to the hobby and collecting community not to know the truth. However, it is a rule, and I will abide by it.

Could I please ask for an amendment though. If a poster knows their reply is not authentic or the moderators know the reply is not authentic (where not stated), could they please add the appropriate tag to the title of the post. ie; Autopen, Preprint, Stamp, Longpen, Secretarial. This would mean a non authentic post would look something like "Al Pacino Secretarial Success". It would add clarity to a busy forum and help those of us who do care about authenticity, as well as give the most basic of warning information to someone who might not know a signer is not signing authentically. It would also reduce the need for comment about athenticity. Something to ponder?
There are numerous celebrities with debatable authenticities. What about those? This amendment would be impossible; there is much debate on too many celebrities. Sure, there are some that are blatantly obvious, but there are also those that are not. :neutral:

There is a seperate forum to debate authenticity. Talk all you want about the authenticity of an autograph in the Is My Autograph Authentic? forum. Other than that, please keep your opinions to yourselves, unless the original poster ask for them.

Khackdrums :D
pinkie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by pinkie »

I am not sure you read my request fully, it is not an impossible amendment.

I asked - "If a poster knows their reply is not authentic or the moderators know the reply is not authentic (where not stated), could they please add the appropriate tag to the title of the post."

As such, I am only asking for the tag to be added if known by the poster or a moderator. I am not saying everyone has to do this - that would be an impossible amendment. :)

I fully agree there is a separate forum to discuss authenticity, but it is all about common sense khackdrums. If by adding a simple word from time to time it can reduce the number of times that someone will "break the rules" and comment on authenticity, it actually reduces the workload of moderators, and helps provide a key piece of information to those who care.