TIPS ON COLLECTION AUTOGRAPH

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
michaelchester
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

TIPS ON COLLECTION AUTOGRAPH

Post by michaelchester »

If your a serious collector an not a seller heres a few tips.
1) keep a spread sheet on who you sent a request with a date
2) keep a record on what address you used:
3) I also keep a record of autographs I received
4) I also keep a record of autograph that you have to pay for, of celebrities who dont sign, of autographs which are pre-printed (which are made by copy machines) still a good save but not as gratifying (I hate these)
reasons why:
a) update Fanmail.biz which with my experience is the number one place to find addresses
b) some address can be out of date-celebrities change agents like we change shirts.
C) if you have an address that is out of date please post it for others on Fanmail.biz
d) some you can find on Facebook, Instagram, etc
--I once used a address in the data base which had a reply on a received autograph on Jan 2018, I sent mine on Feb 2018 and came back "move, no longer available. that's how fast they can change.
I will caution EVERYONE about purchasing autographs through internet outlets for sale majority of them are fake, hand written by sellers themselves for outrageous amounts
One last thing-really on Fanmail.Biz first it a good starting point an you learn alot from other members of the site.
HAPPY COLLECTING-ENJOY YOUR WINS.
admin
Site Admin

Re: TIPS ON COLLECTION AUTOGRAPH

Post by admin »

Thanks michaelchester {up}

To receive an email when a new via venue address is available or when a new feedback is posted try the Fanmail Alerts: http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 2&t=217286

Fanmail 8)
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

michaelchester wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:20 pm I will caution EVERYONE about purchasing autographs through internet outlets for sale majority of them are fake, hand written by sellers themselves for outrageous amounts
Not a majority of them. The key is to know the autograph, know the seller, and know the provenance of the signature. Don't rely on COAs, as they have no legal standing, and authentication services can and do mistakes.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
michaelchester
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by michaelchester »

I stand corrected by still your taking a chance, and then again when we do get autographs-its a gamble-thanks for your informative input
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

michaelchester wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 pm I stand corrected by still your taking a chance, and then again when we do get autographs-its a gamble-thanks for your informative input
It's always a gamble when you get autographs TTM or by buying them. You can get to 99 and a good couple nines after the decimal point sure, but the only way of being 100 percent sure of authenticity is to get signatures in person. Again, provenance is your best friend when it comes to TTM or buying signatures.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/