SASE Help

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

SASE Help

Post by Lauren81492 »

I read someplace (forgot where) that on your SASE, you're supposed to put your own address as the return address. Is this good advice?
SelenaandDemiFan

Re: SASE Help

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

Picture an envelope coming to you. That's what it is, and the return addy- I USUALLY put just a name and thats it. :D
Selise

Post by Selise »

I always put my own address in the upper left hand corner. I figure, if something happens to it, there are 2 changes that it'll get back to me: the first my name in the center, and then in the return address spot. It's just because [ugotmail]
Favorite Autographs: Luciano Pavarotti (IP), Joan Baez, Dorothy Hammill (IP)
Newest Autos: Tim Allen, Daniel Radcliffe x3, John Lithgow
Visit My Site (not all autos up yet!): http://selise.fotopic.net/ <-recently updated
Star9685
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Star9685 »

I do the same thing, I always put my address as return and the regular one. This way if I need to pay postage or something it won't go back to the star.. :D Good luck.
Most Wanted: Hilary Duff, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Demi Lovato, J.K. Rowling, Paul McCartney, Suzanne Collins, Cast of; LOST, Psych, and the Vampire Diaries
Fave Successes: David Archuleta (IP), Miep Gies, Jordin Sparks, Glenn Beck, Adam Lambert, The Veronicas (IP)

Wonderful Hilary siggy by Seb (:
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Yes, You'll notice on my successes (if you ever checked them out) that the SASE has my address in both spots (return & Sender) that way if something should go wrong I'll get it no matter what. {thumb2}

RYAN J. 8)
Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lauren81492 »

Thanks, guys...I sent some requests to a few of the cast of LOST today. I took SelenaandDemiFan's advice and put just my name in the corner, but maybe next time I'll put my whole address just to be sure.
SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

I usually do that too, but a lot of times (depends on success) I put only a name :D
Selise

Post by Selise »

I always put my address in both. I've gotten some responses that have arrows drawn to my name and address in the left hand corner.
Favorite Autographs: Luciano Pavarotti (IP), Joan Baez, Dorothy Hammill (IP)
Newest Autos: Tim Allen, Daniel Radcliffe x3, John Lithgow
Visit My Site (not all autos up yet!): http://selise.fotopic.net/ <-recently updated
missmaexox
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by missmaexox »

I don't do that, but some people do. It all depends. I just write the celebrity's name (and only the name) on the return address. But it's totally up to you. Good luck getting the 'LOST' cast back! {thumb2}
My website; http://www.freewebs.com/kelseysautographs

Most Wanted; Katy Perry and Lady Gaga
Most Recent Success; Carlson Young
Favorite Successes; Nicole Anderson and Carlson Young
Gracie84
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gracie84 »

I don't do it, I just put my address where it's suppose to go, but it might be smart to do that from now on because some of the stuff I get back there's no address so I don't know who it's from until I open it.
Autographs Collected:
PSP: 20
SP: 13
ICS: 2
Signed Other: 5
Signed Playbills: 8
AP/PP/Sec: 17

My collection/Auction Items: http://graciesautographs.webs.com/