Stamping the IRC's?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Stamping the IRC's?

Post by BossC »

This is the first time I have sent any IRC's and I am having a problem with them.

I went to my postoffice and purchased IRC's but they didn't stamp them. I seem to recall admin posting something about stamping it but I couldn't remember exactly what was said. The two that I bought has "US $1.75" in a box in the left corner- but it looks printed, not stamped. (Is that what admin wrote about?)

I wasn't quite sure what IRC's would look like, so I was unsure about the whole stamping thing.

The lady who rang them up for me made the comment that she hadn't seen these in so long- or somthing to that affect.

Do I need to go back and talk to someone else about stamping them or are they ok?

Any help is appreciated. :D
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Stamping the IRC's?

Post by TheCollector »

Hi BossC {up}

Does your IRC look anything like the one below? They do differ a bit from country to country. The one below is a Canadian one.

As far as I can recall, they need to have the value in the box on the left (which it sounds as though you have), but the box on the right needs to be "rubber stamped" by the post office to validate it.

I think I am right about this, but maybe others can comment? :lol:

Regards
Ian {thumb2}

BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

Thanks TheCollector.

My IRC does look like the one you posted, but from the US.

Well, I guess I need to take another trip to the post office unless anyone else can tell me what to do. And I was trying to save gas. :D

Oh well. :roll:

BossC
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

Whenever i've bought them, the circle on the left hand side has had to be stamped by the post office where it was bought. I have one here, and the stamp doesn't show a price, just the location and date.

Although i've never actually used an IRC to claim back stamps, I thought that the circle on the right was stamped by the post office in the other country, so was blank when you sent it off.

For them to be valid though, i'm 99% sure that they do need an origin stamp, which I guess means you'll have to go back to the post office :?
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

barmy_army008 wrote:........ Although i've never actually used an IRC to claim back stamps, I thought that the circle on the right was stamped by the post office in the other country, so was blank when you sent it off.
Hi barmy_army008 {up}

Thinking about it, you are totally right! The box on the right is empty when you send it off. The celeb then gets this stamped when they cash it in for postage at the post office. Sorry!

Like both of us said though, the box on the left does need validating, unless this is different in the USA? Maybe they can be validated by machine - hence the printed price instead of being manually stamped?

Maybe one of our US members can help us out! :lol:

Ian {thumb2}
Ruslana
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ruslana »

Whenever i've bought them, the circle on the left hand side has had to be stamped by the post office where it was bought. I have one here, and the stamp doesn't show a price, just the location and date.
Oh, f***! I send the IRC like "TheCollector" has posted it. There was no stamp. There only was a "DE" for Germany. :cry:
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

Keep your fingers crossed! Some celebs will send things back without a SASE, or they might realise that you've made the effort and pay for postage anyway, even if they normally don't.
Ruslana
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ruslana »

Well, I'll wait two weeks more 8) . And then I might buy new and send another letters!
Ruslana
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ruslana »

I found out that the IRC hasn't to be stamped on the left. It says "facultative" and that's french and means, that it's not necessary! So my IRCs are valid!

Still waiting for: Jude Law, Hugh Grant, Sean Bean, Mark Ruffalo, Konstantin Khabensky, Maggie Grace, Zhanna Friske, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kate Hudson, Matt Damon, Ian Somerhalder, Evangeline Lilly, Dominic Monaghan, Emilie de Ravin, Nicole Kidman, Renée Zellweger and Alexej Chadov

Hope to get something soon :(
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Ruslana wrote:I found out that the IRC hasn't to be stamped on the left. It says "facultative" and that's french and means, that it's not necessary! So my IRCs are valid!
Cool {up}

Good luck (I should brush up on my French!!!)

Ian :mrgreen:

PS To be honest though, I am still not convinced that nothing needs to be stamped to validate the IRC though . . . . . . !
Last edited by TheCollector on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.