Comic Book Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
legendwithoutaname
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Comic Book Collectors

Post by legendwithoutaname »

smanzari wrote:Nice! Was there a return address? I got in touch with Joe Kubert and am sending some comics off this week to him! I'll LYK when it comes back!

Just a blank space with no return address.

Kewl I am still waiting on Simon and Gary F. Been about 2 weeks so no stress yet
I will NOT PM you an address.
I will assist you in getting said address.
IE: give you pointers on where to get it.
legendwithoutaname

Got some awesome stuff today from Buz Hasson. He's co-creator of The Living Corpse, which is a great Indy Monster comic. I highly recommend that you check out the site and learn more.

The Living Corpse : http://www.corpsecomic.com/

I bought 2 comics from him. One was just a The Living Corpse 1/2 cover remark and the other was a Image United #1 Cover Sketch. Batman Vs Omega Spawn AKA Al Simmons original Spawn. He sketched the mailer too so bonus Corpse Head-shot.

Pics on both Sites:

Click Me For Buz Sketches In Collection

Pics on Autograph Site
smanzari
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smanzari »

legendwithoutaname wrote:
smanzari wrote:Nice! Was there a return address? I got in touch with Joe Kubert and am sending some comics off this week to him! I'll LYK when it comes back!

Kewl I am still waiting on Simon and Gary F. Been about 2 weeks so no stress yet

I'm sure they will both be soon. They are both great guys and probably have just taken time off for the new year! Also- I have been debating on sending to Geoff Johns c/o DC- have you heard anything about his signing habits? He's one of my favorite current writers- "The Blackest Night" is awesome!
Please do not message me for any reason- I will not respond, I no longer use this website.
legendwithoutaname

smanzari wrote:
legendwithoutaname wrote:

I'm sure they will both be soon. They are both great guys and probably have just taken time off for the new year! Also- I have been debating on sending to Geoff Johns c/o DC- have you heard anything about his signing habits? He's one of my favorite current writers- "The Blackest Night" is awesome!

I am still waiting.

You don't hear about these guys at all. That was why I wanted this Forum, I thought I was not the only one who collected or wanted my comics signed. I can probably count on one hand how many people have commented on this forum.
smanzari
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smanzari »

Lol- True. I got Eric Shanower today- he signed my comic and sketched for me in a week or so. I still haven't seen anything from Jurgens or McFarlane- too bad they are two of my most wanted! I am also going to try and send to Joe Kubert this week and Peter Laird soon (hoping I can get Laird to sign an old school TMNT comic book or 2).
Please do not message me for any reason- I will not respond, I no longer use this website.
legendwithoutaname

Eric was pretty good to me and I got a good hookup from him.

Peter Laird on the other hand just sent my the same TMNT postcard signed and with a small head-sketch. I sent a great fan-letter and included a large return SASE and only got the postcard. I was OK with that :(

Still hoping to hear back from Todd, Joe Simon and Gary F.

I am hoping that Ed McGuiness sends me back something. I wrote to him at the Marvel address about the same time that I sent off to Dan
legendwithoutaname

Any ideas on an address for Mark Texeira ?

Titles he has contributed to include Jonah Hex and its spinoff Hex (1985-1986), Psi-Force (1986 - 1987), Punisher War Journal (1990), Ghost Rider vol. 2 (1990 - 1992), and vol. 5, Wolverine vol. 2 (1993), Sabretooth (1993), Spider-Man: Legacy of Evil (1996), Black Panther Vol.3 (1998), Moon Knight vol. 4 (1999), Vampirella, Cyclops (2001), Hercules Vol. 4 (2005) and Wolverine vol. 3 (2005).
legendwithoutaname

Finally got JOE SIMON

Sent before Christmas

He signed all my comics and the photo I sent and Included a Signed Postcard.

Pics on Site: Click Me for Joe Simon

* bonus uncanceled stamps
legendwithoutaname

Double post*
Last edited by legendwithoutaname on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smanzari
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smanzari »

Congrats on finally getting Simon! I have thought about sending to Texiera as well and have been actually thinking about just calling Marvel and asking them if they will just share some fanmail addresses for artists and writers... I will let you know if I do!