Doris Day fake success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Doris Day fake success

Post by countpaul »

As if anyone should believe you that you actually know someone that knows her and that you aren't going to just send it to the address in the database then claim it is real just to make your other TTM success by her seem real in your mind. She hasn't signed for real in years and likely never will until she dies. :roll:[/quote]

First of all thank you for the rude response. I actually do know someone who knows her thank you. I never said it was a celebrity. It is a reporter in California that has interviewed her several times(not that I have to explain anything to you Miss rolls your eyes) Secondly I have also been in contact with her foundation and Animal League about the authenticity of her TTM autograph....I will be posting their reply below. And finally If I was into playing games I would just scan the photos I got 20 years ago that everyone agrees are real with the loopy D's and say it was a recent success....Thanks for your opinion....But no thanks.
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

I have emailed the Doris Day Animal Foundation twice regarding this. In my first I said I understand Miss Day gets alot of requests and that unfortunatley some celebrities have taken to a secretary answering their mail...But would I possibly be able to send her CD cover in and have it personally signed. I got an email back saying she always personally signed her fan mail. Then I got the question of why some are not postmarked from California. The below is a copy and paste of her reply.....and my email to her. So I guess her charity is full of liers too....LoL

Dear Paul, Miss Day gets so many requests to autograph photos, and she signs as many as she can.  Someone else does physically mail them for her because it is an overwhelming task for her, and she does not have a staff to handle
Her correspondence and requests. There's nothing that can be done about Internet rumors, so that's nothing we can address. Miss Day is in her 80's and works very hard to take care of the huge volume of requests that comes in. We hope this helps. The Doris Day Animal Foundation Team 

HelloI am just wondering why all requests for autographs to Miss Day sent to CA come back postmarked from the Animal League in KY.I have gotten in a few arguments with people that are insinuating my autgraphs are fake due to where they are returned from.  I believe they are real so I am just looking for the reason to tell them.
Thank you.Paul
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

countpaul wrote:I have emailed the Doris Day Animal Foundation twice regarding this. In my first I said I understand Miss Day gets alot of requests and that unfortunatley some celebrities have taken to a secretary answering their mail...But would I possibly be able to send her CD cover in and have it personally signed. I got an email back saying she always personally signed her fan mail. Then I got the question of why some are not postmarked from California. The below is a copy and paste of her reply.....and my email to her. So I guess her charity is full of liers too....LoL

Dear Paul, Miss Day gets so many requests to autograph photos, and she signs as many as she can.  Someone else does physically mail them for her because it is an overwhelming task for her, and she does not have a staff to handle
Her correspondence and requests. There's nothing that can be done about Internet rumors, so that's nothing we can address. Miss Day is in her 80's and works very hard to take care of the huge volume of requests that comes in. We hope this helps. The Doris Day Animal Foundation Team 

HelloI am just wondering why all requests for autographs to Miss Day sent to CA come back postmarked from the Animal League in KY.I have gotten in a few arguments with people that are insinuating my autgraphs are fake due to where they are returned from.  I believe they are real so I am just looking for the reason to tell them.
Thank you.Paul
They didn't answer the question. At all. Or even try to do so.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

They said she tries to sign as much as she can....and works very hard to keep up with her fanmail. How is that not an answer. They also said that Miss Day does not persoy mail them.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

countpaul wrote:They said she tries to sign as much as she can....and works very hard to keep up with her fanmail. How is that not an answer. They also said that Miss Day does not persoy mail them.
You asked why they were signed in California and mailed from Kentucky. They said she doesn't personally mail them. That means that someone else drops them in a mailbox and in no way addresses why they're mailed from Kentucky and how they get there.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

I also said people were saying they were fake and they said they were not.
Ps...arent you the one that actually says you dont think she has had the same secretary for twenty years etc......making me believe you think theyre real?

Unfortunatley some people could see a video of her signing a photo with the autograph lookong that way and would still say theyre fake. And onto the person who says PSA DNA approved them. I do believe they are real but I have seen several differnt autographs on Ebay that have been authenticated and one I knew was 1000% a Tony Blair autopen.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

countpaul wrote:I also said people were saying they were fake and they said they were not.
Ps...arent you the one that actually says you dont think she has had the same secretary for twenty years etc......making me believe you think theyre real?

Unfortunatley some people could see a video of her signing a photo with the autograph lookong that way and would still say theyre fake. And onto the person who says PSA DNA approved them. I do believe they are real but I have seen several differnt autographs on Ebay that have been authenticated and one I knew was 1000% a Tony Blair autopen.
I've never voiced an opinion. Period. I've said I wanted to believe they were real. I've asked why she would have the same secretary for 20+ years personalizing her signatures and only just recently start signing them. (I NEVER said that I don't believe she's had the same secretary for 20 years, as that's not the least bit hard to believe.) I've also asked why they were postmarked from KY when she lives in CA. And now I'm asking why they talked about your question but never answered it.

You see, I have an open mind. And when new information comes, I consider it and use it in deciding whether or not my mind should be changed.

Right now, the fact that they won't address the postmark issue leads me to believe they may be hiding something. Do they want me to believe that someone took all the pictures she signed and mailed them to KY just so a secretary who she doesn't have in CA can address the envelopes and mail them out? Or did someone drive them out there for that purpose?
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by prettykittyjenna »

This is starting to get ridiculous. No one has showed enough proof here
to state if they are indeed real or not. I posted my example of Ms. Day's
Autograph off of a check from the forties and it looks different than the ones
being sent out to everyone. We don't have enough proof to say they are real or
not. I don't believe the secretary when they say that Ms. Day is signing. They are
most likely lying to you Countpaul. I know facts. Fact 1. ms. Doris Day lives in Northern
California, Fact 2: she had a son who died and became a hermit ever since then fact: 3: she never makes appearances even not showing up for the Oscars when she received an honorary one.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

prettykittyjenna wrote:This is starting to get ridiculous. No one has showed enough proof here
not. I don't believe the secretary when they say that Ms. Day is signing. They are
most likely lying to you Countpaul. I know facts. Fact 1. ms. Doris Day lives in Northern
California, Fact 2: she had a son who died and became a hermit ever since then fact: 3: she never makes appearances even not showing up for the Oscars when she received an honorary one.
Fact 4: The loves have remained identical for 20+ years. In the words of Bill O'Reilly, you can't explain that.

Fact 5: She's a horrible hermit if she's promoting the animal foundation (which she's doing), taking promo pictures for the animal foundation (which she's doing), and doing interviews (which she's doing). Oh almost forgot, this hermit who shunned her show business way of life (and according to a previous poster, only goes by Clara Kappelhoff) released a new music CD less than a year ago under the name Doris Day.
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by prettykittyjenna »

MW1221 wrote:
prettykittyjenna wrote:This is starting to get ridiculous. No one has showed enough proof here
Fact 4: The loves have remained identical for 20+ years. In the words of Bill O'Reilly, you can't explain that.

Fact 5: She's a horrible hermit if she's promoting the animal foundation (which she's doing), taking promo pictures for the animal foundation (which she's doing), and doing interviews (which she's doing). Oh almost forgot, this hermit who shunned her show business way of life (and according to a previous poster, only goes by Clara Kappelhoff) released a new music CD less than a year ago under the name Doris Day.
Where are those photos of her promoting her animal foundation? She released a cd under Doris Day cause apparently that's the only way for people to know its her.