Doris Day fake success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Doris Day fake success

Post by MW1221 »

countpaul wrote:Well if every request including those sent to CA were returned from KY....Those were obviously first in her office in CA where it was sent so they were not necessarily signed in KY....Just returned from KY.
Why would they go to the expensive of shipping signed materials to KY from CA just to ship them somewhere else?

And before you jump down my throat, I (want to) believe they're authentic.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Is it only me that sees a resemblance in this handwriting even though 30 years seperates them?
Last edited by countpaul on Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Ok I have emailed to the Doris Day Animal League located in Ky with another office in DC.
I politely asked why they are telling people to send fanmail on their FAQs page yet all the replies are coming postmarked from Kentucky. Will let people know if I get a response.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Oh one last note on this I am at his moment writing a letter and sending a photo it is to a personal friend of her with who I shared the story about people saying she is using a secretary now etc and asked if she would personally pass it along to her. This person has no link to her foundation and when I get it returned I will fill everyone in where it was sent.
When or If I get a response I will post it on here. I am curious to see where it will be postmarked from and if it has the loopy D's. As I said this is someone in CA that is a personal friend and said they would hand it directly to her. If this comes back without the loopy D's I hope this will put the post to rest.
rayzer369
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rayzer369 »

would it be legal to have her secretary sign her checks "doris day"?
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by prettykittyjenna »

megara1975 wrote:I don't know if anything I'm tempted to write to her now more than ever, just in case they do happen to be real. I always thought they were done by her secretary. But what if we are all wrong.
Please do not write her. A waste of stamps.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

New success today on the page from Doris Day......and also plain as day is it was sent from Santa Clarita CA not KY!
Last edited by countpaul on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SummerGlau
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SummerGlau »

countpaul wrote:Here is another item I found an official CD called the autograph collection. Notice the copy of her signature. I doubt for an offical CD she would have had a secretary sign for her.
Sinéad O'Connor did it with her last albums that were supposed to actually be signed by her. So it happens more then you would like to think. Plus that Doris Day signature is computer generated so doesn't have to look real.
SummerGlau
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SummerGlau »

countpaul wrote:Is it only me that sees a resemblance in this handwriting even though 30 years seperates them?
Yes it is only you because those two handwriting samples were definitely written by a different person. You are just reaching really hard and seeing what you want to see. :roll:
SummerGlau
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SummerGlau »

countpaul wrote:Oh one last note on this I am at his moment writing a letter and sending a photo it is to a personal friend of her with who I shared the story about people saying she is using a secretary now etc and asked if she would personally pass it along to her. This person has no link to her foundation and when I get it returned I will fill everyone in where it was sent.
When or If I get a response I will post it on here. I am curious to see where it will be postmarked from and if it has the loopy D's. As I said this is someone in CA that is a personal friend and said they would hand it directly to her. If this comes back without the loopy D's I hope this will put the post to rest.
As if anyone should believe you that you actually know someone that knows her and that you aren't going to just send it to the address in the database then claim it is real just to make your other TTM success by her seem real in your mind. She hasn't signed for real in years and likely never will until she dies. :roll: