Mo Farah Success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
eddyk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Mo Farah Success

Post by eddyk »

I just hope this post Olympic mania dies down eventually and Mo becomes more approachable.

I'm hoping on a book signing when his autobiography comes out. You know how all these apple iphone people have been sat outside the stores for days? Well that will be me, outside Waterstones.
Twelveby12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Twelveby12 »

margotchanning wrote:I don't use this forum very often. In fact I don't think I've been on in about two years but I feel I have to stick up for James!

I've been collecting autographs for years both in person and TTM and I'm a friend of James's. I don't think anyone on this forum is as clued up on athletes autographs as James. I've seen the photos of all the athletes he's met (most multiple times) and I'd trust his opinion on any of their autographs!

Mo Farrah has been insanely busy since the olympic games. Do you believe he has time to sit and sign and sign? This isn't the only forum I've seen the authenticity of his recent TTM's being questioned by experienced collectors and it's obvious to see why!

If you want to believe your Mo Farrah is real then that's your choice but please don't jump on James for trying to help! I'd prefer someone to tell me, with a strong argument, that my TTM was fake than to let me believe it's real!

Again, it's your choice, believe what you want but don't jump on James!
Round of applause
{up}
...as seen in the national press - Daily Record, The Sun & The Daily Express (check them out here >> https://twelveby12.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... ers-day-d/)

:D
James

Post by James »

{up} thanks for the support there.
I'm fairly confident that my athletics collection is bigger than most people on here's entire collections. When athletes know you by name, Olympic Gold medallists treat you like an old friend, and athletes say hello when they're out running, I think I can safely say I know what I'm talking about.
With over 700 athletics autographs, I know when I see a Mo Farah fake.

Eddyk - I'm sure he'll do a signing, and am fairly confident that after the Olympic hype has died down he'll return to his former ways. But as Robin says; double Olympic Champion + newly born twins ... not exactly loads of time to sit signing.
Twelveby12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Twelveby12 »

Actually, I think I have come up with the real problem here...

The ones TTM are clearly REAL, and all those IPs James got were from an imposter. My theory is it was Ali G dressed up as Mo, to fool everyone.

...as seen in the national press - Daily Record, The Sun & The Daily Express (check them out here >> https://twelveby12.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... ers-day-d/)

James

Post by James »

Twelveby12 wrote:Actually, I think I have come up with the real problem here...

The ones TTM are clearly REAL, and all those IPs James got were from an imposter. My theory is it was Ali G dressed up as Mo, to fool everyone.

Ahh damn. I always knew that "Mo" guy looked strangely suspicious.....
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

Twelveby12 wrote:Actually, I think I have come up with the real problem here...

That'll be it! :)

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

It seems to me what is needed is this. if you don't want comments on authenticity, a message in your sig indicating that would be nice. That way, people. Know where you stand and should respect your wishes.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
James

Post by James »

Jaffer wrote:It seems to me what is needed is this. if you don't want comments on authenticity, a message in your sig indicating that would be nice. That way, people. Know where you stand and should respect your wishes.
{up}
Twelveby12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Twelveby12 »

Jaffer, I think what you mean is "if you don't want to be told your signature is fake, and wish to live in a dreamworld where you pretend sec signatures and studio fanmail successes are awesome and real" then post something in your signature.

James

Post by James »

Twelveby12 wrote:Jaffer, I think what you mean is "if you don't want to be told your signature is fake, and wish to live in a dreamworld where you pretend sec signatures and studio fanmail successes are awesome and real" then post something in your signature.