Doris Day fake success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
ryan1476
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Doris Day fake success

Post by ryan1476 »

try these

PO Box 223163
Carmel, CA 93922
USA

or

Doris Day Animal Foundation
8033 West Sunset Boulevard
Suite 845
Hollywood CA 90046-2401
USA
prettykittyjenna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by prettykittyjenna »

redgravedisciple wrote:It's not showing up. I don't know what you were trying to prove (with her D's or simply showing her signature gets different) but people's signatures do change over time. And I'll stick with my professional opinion.

I'm not trying to be rude to you prettykitty...I'm just saying in general people on this website feel they are pros at things but they aren't. It's nice to have opinions, but I'll take a pros over theirs.
Ok I fixed it. Check it out now. :D Not trying to prove anything. Just showing what her signature used to be back in the day.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Well I would say since she showed the check......those are the D's people are saying are fake now so it just proved our point because it does in fact look almost like her TTM signatures now.
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Ok....So I decided to do my own research and get to the bottom of this topic. Just[ FYI before I start the last photo on here a TTM response and included a note that said she would not sign DVD covers and only one photo per person. Now if it was her secretary signing why would they limit items signed?  Also if you look at the inscription the hand writing matches....including the M as you see in her signature where she writes Melcher as her last name.In most cases I have tried to use officially authentic signatures like on movie contracts and checks.

Signed check from the 50's

Signed check 1980's loopy D

Signed photo 1980's loopy D

Handwritten letter to a friend in th 1960's

A recent TTM success on here
megara1975
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by megara1975 »

I don't know if anything I'm tempted to write to her now more than ever, just in case they do happen to be real. I always thought they were done by her secretary. But what if we are all wrong.
moonlight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by moonlight »

A-AutographFan wrote:
countpaul wrote:Hello

Well it seems Doris Day's autographs secretariel or not are always being talked about. I got one about 20 years ago through her foundation....with the funny loopy D's that I have seen as authentic 1000 times before. But her inscription is very similair to these and the only letter thats off is the D's. Upon looking at old checks signed by her.....She did in fact do her D's this way for a long time.... I also in a polite way "called out" her secretary in an email....saying I realize she gets so much mail and as many stars have.....let a secretary, mostly answer her mail....but if I sent a donation and her new CD cover...would she personally sign it....? She said Ms Day always signs her own mail. Could this be a lie....sure...but I just want people to look at both sides of the issue. Im not saying their real.....but.....
Will add mine for comparison soon.....notice the last Y in Day....looks like how she is making her G's now.....
^ You are absolutely correct. Despite the fact most people underestimate Ms Day and think she does not take care of her own fan mail, the honest truth is, she does. The autographs you all are getting are 100% Authentic and NOT secretarial. As CountPaul says above, if you look at the way the letters are formed, it is very easy to see they match her writing style on checks and legal docs. Just because she signs her D different then she did a couple decades ago means nothing. In a People Magazine article this month she even mentions answering her fan mail is among the things she enjoys. Ms Day loves her fans and I hope that I can finally put this debate of authenticity to rest now.[/quote
BUDDY I A GREE WITH YOU 100 PERCENT. some like a person called USHER may not agree with us.ms.Day is great.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

I am glad some people agree. Like we both said her writing style has not changed.....and as I also showedd she did write her D's that way before. That being said the ones I got were from at least 15 years ago so I have the loopey D....But as one was lost in my many moves and flooding in the basement I will be writing to her again at some point. Now as far as some that say their photos were send from Kentucky....I believe these were only amial requests and I do know one of her foundations has a location there. The perhaps have presigned photos there to send to fans or perhaps to people who have made a donation.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

countpaul wrote:I am glad some people agree. Like we both said her writing style has not changed.....and as I also showedd she did write her D's that way before. That being said the ones I got were from at least 15 years ago so I have the loopey D....But as one was lost in my many moves and flooding in the basement I will be writing to her again at some point. Now as far as some that say their photos were send from Kentucky....I believe these were only amial requests and I do know one of her foundations has a location there. The perhaps have presigned photos there to send to fans or perhaps to people who have made a donation.
They said that every request they sent was returned from KY...
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Well if every request including those sent to CA were returned from KY....Those were obviously first in her office in CA where it was sent so they were not necessarily signed in KY....Just returned from KY.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Here is another item I found an official CD called the autograph collection. Notice the copy of her signature. I doubt for an offical CD she would have had a secretary sign for her.