Jhonny Peralta FAIL

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
1/10mtndiv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Jhonny Peralta FAIL

Post by 1/10mtndiv »

I sent an 8x10 to Jhonny Peralta c/o Detroit Tigers, Comerica Park about 2 months ago. Today I received my 8x10 unsigned in my SASE, along with a form letter stating that they're really busy blah, blah, blah and they can't pass on oversized envelopes. The letter went on to state that the players would be happy to sign a regular sized baseball card. 1st of all the envelope was only 8.5x11, secondly, if they're so busy why sign a card and not an 8x10? I threw the letter straight into the garbage, sorry no pic.
Bigautographhound

Re: Jhonny Peralta FAIL

Post by Bigautographhound »

If you have been reading any of the posts over the last year at least, Detroit Tigers players only sign cards or some players sign balls with a charitable donation to the Detroit Tigers Foundation. I hope that clarifies things in regards to their signing habits. I commend them on their charity work especially in a city like Detroit.
1/10mtndiv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1/10mtndiv »

Bigautographhound wrote:If you have been reading any of the posts over the last year at least, Detroit Tigers players only sign cards or some players sign balls with a charitable donation to the Detroit Tigers Foundation. I hope that clarifies things in regards to their signing habits. I commend them on their charity work especially in a city like Detroit.
Let me preface my anger filled rant by informing you that at this time last year I was in Afghanistan, fighting to ensure that internet tough guys like yourself could have the freedom to sit behind your computer and be condescending to people you don't know, about subjects in which you clearly have no knowledge.

That being said, check this out: I am well aware of the autographs for a cause charity. There are only a few players who participate in the program, Peralta not being one of them. I don't know where you got your information from, because the site clearly states NO BASEBALLS. Actually, only about half of the players in the program even sign 8x10s, most only sign cards. So, maybe it was a risk to send an 8x10. Personally I had no Idea that they didn't let "larger envelopes" through to the players. They used to, and most teams still do. Am I upset about? No, in this hobby there isn't room to get upset if all of your items don't come back or come back with a refusal letter. The only thing I'm even remotely upset about is that they told me he would sign a card and not an 8x10. An autograph is an autograph, and myself being a huge Tigers fan, I would like to decorate my mancave with 8x10s of my favorite players rather than get a baseball card signed and not be able to display it. Now, let's use common sense here, they said in the letter that they are too busy to pass on large envelopes but he would be happy to sign a card. Think about that for a second, honestly how much sense does that make to you? Also, let me remind you that Peralta does NOT participate in the autographs for a cause charity. So he's too busy to sign an 8x10 FOR FREE, but not too busy to sign a baseball card FOR FREE. Do I need to put this in simpler terms for you to understand? I hope this brings you a little clarification big fella. Thanks for your time, have a good one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi 1/10mtndiv :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} and Sorry for your failure :(

Fanmail 8)
bjerome
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bjerome »

I would first like to start off by thanking you for your service to our country. The greatest country in the world. It is the selfless service of soldiers like you that make this place so great. The only question I have is why do all the posts seem to have a negative vibe to them. If they didn't sign it in blue, if they didn't put their HOF inscription, if someone had to pay for it, or if you feel they paid too much for it, you post a negative comment. I am not a soldier, but do defend the homefront in my proud service as a career Police Officer. That same freedom you fight to keep also means that a foreign player who plays in the USA has the right to refuse to sign an autograph some guy sent through the mail, or that the teams mail department intercepts the letter you sent and returns it to you. That is their choice. Why is that? It is because of the sacrifices made by the selfless men and women of our military providing the freedom to make that choice. I hate it too when I get a rejection, but like anything else, it is all part of the hobby. Oh by the way, I got Peralta in person on 7-17-2011 in person. He's a nice guy. No doubt the Tigers intercepted on you. Keep your head up high soldier. You have my utmost respect.

North Dakota Police Officer
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

While I definitely agree with your frustration towards the the Tigers, you over reacted in your response to Bigautographhound.
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
1/10mtndiv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1/10mtndiv »

He just came off as a d*ck to me, I was more frustrated with his holier than though attitude, than I was with the failure.
Bigautographhound

Post by Bigautographhound »

I'm definitely not holier than anybody. First of all if I offended you in any way I apologize, and let me also commend you on your service to our country. I have gotten mixed signals from the Detroit Tigers. I have relatives who are in the know about the Tigers and they say that sending to any Tiger player without a donation is iffy. It really stinks that nobody can get a clear response from the team. I sent a request to players not on the charity list as well as a couple of coaches and got the same as you got. Maybe the Tigers just don't sign through the mail. Once again thanks for your service and sorry if I offended you