Collecting Autographs for the man I care fors 18th

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
hollydot2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Collecting Autographs for the man I care fors 18th

Post by hollydot2 »

Hi I care for a young man who has Downs Syndrome and learning difficulties. He is going to turn 18 at the end of february and I had the idea of writing off to Celebrities that he likes and asking them to send a card for him. He would really appreciate it.

I have written to
Matt Smith
Billie Piper
Karen Gillan
David Tennant
Shona Mcgarty
Barbara Windsor
Supernanny
John Travolta.
Eastenders

He likes also

The Black Eyed Peas,
Cheryl Cole
Dizzee Rascal
and Cher LLoyd
Chelsea FC

Im not sure if any of the above sign or where would be the best place to write too really so if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

I also though about writing to the doctor who studios as its his favourite to see if they might say something.

I knwo this is a long shot but I really want to make Marcs birthday special.

Any help gratefully recieved

Gemma
I Love mark owen!
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Collecting Autographs for the man I care fors 18th

Post by johnnylightning »

Thats good and i hope you get autographs but i would not say in the letters he has downs syndrome because then it seems like you are trying to make the celebrities feel they need to send autographs instead of wanting to because they like your letter or feel it is a real fan writing and not just some dealer with a good charity or pity type story. I am not telling you what to do and you can write what you want i just know some people try to manipulate celebs into signing.I am not here to argue it is just how i feel about it! {up} [ca]
Zimmy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Zimmy »

johnnylightning wrote:Thats good and i hope you get autographs but i would not say in the letters he has downs syndrome because then it seems like you are trying to make the celebrities feel they need to send autographs instead of wanting to because they like your letter or feel it is a real fan writing and not just some dealer with a good charity or pity type story. I am not telling you what to do and you can write what you want i just know some people try to manipulate celebs into signing.I am not here to argue it is just how i feel about it! {up} [ca]
I see where you are coming from, but I think it will be better to put it in.
That way the celebrity can write something that is related to it.
hollydot2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hollydot2 »

hi i will write it because its part of who he is so i wouldnt change that. Hes awesome and so i want to tell the celeb he likes about marc a bit. :) cheers
I Love mark owen!
hollydot2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hollydot2 »

Hi i recieved a photo and birthday card signed by the chelsea manager. YAY!
I Love mark owen!