My policy change on giving out emails

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
RYAN J.

My policy change on giving out emails

Post by RYAN J. »

Hey all!!

Just wanted to let you know, that with all the recent email successes coming in I'm changing my policy about giving them out. Not that I did give them out before, but just encourage others if they really want the email, they can do some searching like I and the other members have.

I will no longer look up any emails or confirm emails for anyone either. I know a couple members have asked me in the past to find out which email so & so used, but with my new work schedule and collecting of my own, it takes up alot of time searching for them.

I also feel that too many people on here are just sending emails to random people knowing they'll get a success but in reality don't even care who they are just as long as they get a 'free autograph' or because they had '15 minutes of fame'. That type of collecting is what's ruining this hobby for others and myself and I'm not gonna help contribute to it. {down}

RYAN J. 8)
Last edited by RYAN J. on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twilighter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: My policy change on giving out emails

Post by twilighter »

{up} I agree that some people just want a free autograph sometimes, but sometimes even i have trouble looking up addresses and emails.. so, i guess, in the long run you have a good idea... :)
kennedyniles
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kennedyniles »

I completely agree with you Ryan! I know at least two or three members here who only post email successes and post them every day. {down} What happened to this site? :( Back in 2008 or so, there weren't nearly as many people spamming emails and now that's all you see.

kennedyniles :neutral:

http://www.kennedynilesautographs.webs.com - Please sign my guestbook!
http://www.wesendfanmail.forumotions.com - Join my forum!

Latest success: 1/25/2011: Earl Holliman! :)
Latest RTS: 1/25/2011: Daniel B. Windsor (UTF) :(
Latest Sent Request(s): 1/29/2011: Daniel B. Windsor Image
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks for agreeing with my guys. And to clarify, I see nothing wrong with sending emails, but it's just gotten out of hand this past year. too many people have spammed several addresses.

The way I see it, If someone likes the celebrity that much letting them search for the address themselves even if it takes them a couple days is well worth it. I know it's much more satisfiying for me when I take time to scout one out than if I just asked someone to "Please PM me the email!!!!!!!"

Thanks again guys. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

Yeah, I'm mad.
I posted on here a few weeks ago about how I was so happy to get an autograph from Cheryl Chase. I emailed her a VERY long letter, telling her I grew up with Rugrats and the show means a lot to me. She said she'd be happy to send me a signed picture. I had to remind her once (she forgot), but very soon she contacted me and told me to send a SASE, as she was getting a lot of requests. I honestly feel people spammed her and now I got to pay for it.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

At least she was nice enough to reply back and give you an address where you could still get a photo. {up} sometimes they will just ingore them completely and leave you wondering if they ever got your message or not.

RYAN J. 8)
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

You're right. And now I can even choose the picture to send. Trying to make a postive out of a negative.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

There you go! {up} You should make up a Q&A card & send one of those, maybe if she has time she'll fill that out. :D Ask her questions like what her favorite episode was or any questions you want answers to. :lol:

RYAN J. 8)
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

Great idea! Thanks a lot! I already have some I have thought of!
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

To be fair, when I first came on here, I did nothing but send emails. I simply did not have the facilities to do anything else. After slowly building a collection,learning the basics and saving money, I was able to finally mail out. This hobby is very expensive-people have every right to email to save money.the deominising of emailers needs to stop. But I agree, simply spamming is a huge no-no.

Also,ryan makes a good point. It is so sweet when you toil to find an address,and it pays off!
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard